X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe buying a Grand Cherokee

Ok i own a 95 YJ i love it but hate it on the highway, the problem is I drive an hour and a half every day to school. So last year i bought a 89 Saab turbo now its on its way out. So im thinking i need an upgrade, Im looking to get possibly get a Grand Cherokee. Im looking to prob get between a 93 or a 97. My question is what do i look for when buying,

ps i think im thinking i want to get the 4.0 because of gas prices but is the milage on the V8 anyworse?

5.2 limited. I get about 15 mpg--ish combined. I've seen 22+mpg highway in the summer.High test,Bosch +4's, 60mph.Great power too

Comment

well looking at the Jeep tomorow any last minute tips on what to look for????

Comment

You should come up to NovaScotia and look for me to sell you one.lol.

Comment

i have a 95 5.2, and not that i dont like the v8 you cant go wrong with the 4.0 ive found the most trouble free grands are with the 4.0 , with anything other than a quadratrac transfercase. the six is by far cheaper to repair/replace, and will run to 300k. common for the 4.0 is wristpin knock, which doesnt affect longevity. the quadratrac t-case has a viscous coupler that likes to go out after 100k and makes noise around corners. if you find a really early 93, they used the aw4 trans, which is the same trans that cherokee's use and they last forever. hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

thanks jeepboy, i went and looked at the cherokee it was it good shape but the paint job was pretty scratched had some little kids name scratched in the back of it, the only problem was that the front end had a bad shake to it, the guy insists that the tires just need to be balanced. Im going to get him to fix the front end then im going t try it again

Comment

if it shakes anything like mine did when i got it ..... its the tires lol my god dude i hit 55 mph and thought i was bout to DIE ! lol put new tires on it and now i drive the speed limit ..... 80 hehe

Comment

tire may have tossed a belt...

Comment

Working...
                X