X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Prob...

Okay... Engine light comes on. Went to advanced to get the code read. Come back saying SPEED OUTPUT SENSOR. So I bought it for 34 bucks and a new trans filter. Put em both in and engine light popped back on after reaching 15 to 25 mph. Disconnected battery to reset but light popped back on again. Havent had time to get the code checked yet but was wandering if yall knew anything that would help.

Thanks

whats the rest of the code? i can't tell you anything without the whole code

Comment

I really dont know. I had the girl at advanced auto check it. and it read back speed output sensor. Based off that and me replacing the sensor, what else could it be or would be related?

Comment

OBD II takes a little more than just the code, even if it is the whole code. get it checked again and post up the code #

Comment

code number P720... speed output sensor

Comment

How do I know what kind of tranny I have? Is it on there somewhere or do I look it up online? Any help would be nice.

Comment

PO720 Low Output Speed Sensor RPM above 15 MPH

found the Jeep specific stuff here:
              http://www.offroaders.com/tech/jeep/...BDII-Codes.htm

run it in the air with the sensor unplugged and use a multi meter to see that your getting voltage from the speed sensor. if so then check the wiring. a factory scantool can tell you what the reading is (if any at all). it could be a bad ECM, bad wiring or even an internal transmission problem. if you can afford it an hour or half hour diagnostic time at a dealership might be worthwhile.

Comment

What do you mean run it in the air? And what am I looking for? And what you said about 15 mph. Everytime Ive had it reset it clicks on the engine light when I reach 15mph. And were both talking about the same part right? On the back of the tranny. With a little red plastic sprocket wheel on the end of it that goes into the tranny?

Comment

Working...
                X