X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Muffle diameters

so im thinking about getting a new muffler, maybe a flowmaster or at my work we sell cherry bombs, which are very inexpensive. i neeed to know the inlet/outlet diameters. so i dont buy the wrong thing. and also when i remove the old one is it just as easy to put new one back on?
    will anything like exhaust leak?

I believe that its 2 1/4" diamater, but you may wanna double check that. It might also be different with the different engines.

Cherry bombs are easy to put on the Jeep, You cut the old one off and slide the new one on. Putting a couple of exhaust clamps/Ubolts on there to secure it, you may want an air wratchet to secure them, you really need to crank them down to make sure it seals it up. Or go to a muffler shop and have them weld it on (they will look at you funny for bringing them something they didnt sell you though)

Cherry bombs are also very noisy. You lose alot of back pressure so some low end torque will be gone. A flowmaster will be a better choice. My local muffler shop charges me about 150 for the flowmaster installed.

Ry

Comment

ah! thank you for that!
      i was actually going to go flowmaster anyways haha its better quality and sounds better.

also if i just buy the one that fits my car off of flowmaster should i just bring it in to any mechanic?
      maybe i should go and ask them what my diameters are so i know 100% becuase i dont wanna have to return stuff

Comment

Cutting the old muffler off and putting the new one on is not hard. It is just hard getting the clamps tight enough to keep it from leaking exhaust gasses. The Jeep usually has an off set inlet/outlet mufler too meaning the exhaust does not run in a straight line it makes a jog left or right And the flowmaster is usually shorter than the stock muffler too. Most exhaust shops sell flowmasters anymore they will know exactly what one you will need.

Ry

Comment

Working...
        X