X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master window switch Problem???

My wife has a 2004 Grand Cherokee, and the drivers door window switch has been causing us some problems.
    First, the door lock switch wouldn't work, then the window wouldn't work and now the dome lights stay on unless you dim them. All of the other doors work fine and the Key fob works fine. You have to put the key in the drivers door to lock it though. I think that the "master switch panel" is bad. Could it be anything else? Any help is appreciated.

check your electrical connections for corrosion. the ones in the door and the drivers side kick panel or wherever the wires from the door are going.

Comment

The master switch panel is notorious for going bad in both the Grands and XJ's. On my 99 XJ I picked up a new panel in a low mileage wreck from the local bone yard...solved my issues.

Comment

The samething happend on the wifes 04 . Started with the dome lights staying on. Then the passenger windows wouldn't work then the doors wouldn't lock. It was still under warranty so we took it in and had it fixed. They said a wire in the door piller wore and broke.
        They had it fixed in no time. I would follow the wires from the drivers side door into the piller and see if any are broke or wore out.

Comment

Working...
        X