X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power-steering Noise

my steering wheel has a little give. i can move it about and inch either way before it actually turns but that's not a problem, i don't think. whenever i turn all the way to one side or i'm stopped and am turning the wheel, there's a whining noise somewhere under the hood. i don't think it's a problem and i don't really notice, i just wanted to check to make sure it's not.

Check your power steering fluid! You might just need to add some! It will have a cap with a pic of a steering wheel on it!

Comment

I was getting alot of noise from my P/S pump and used the Lucas power steering fluid that has the "conditioner" in it. My steering feels great and no more noise I used an old turkey baster to suck out the old crappy fluid and then filled the resivoir with the Lucas.

Comment

could also be the belt...

Comment

i think alot of chryler power steering boxes are junk. ive seen track bars so bad, that you can actually see the body of the jeep over the front axle move back and forth as you turn the wheel. 93ddq, you aint kidding about the lucas, thats good ****. my .02, if youve got to turn the radio off to hear a noise, youve got one quiet jeep.

Comment

Working...
          X