X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep trails in southern Cali??

Hey does anyone know of any good trials in southern california where there is some mud maybe a river?

anyone??

Comment

Southern CA is loaded with grerat trails.
      High desert to coast runs
      there are several great guide books out there that give you descriptions and some have GPS locations.
      I am sure you have already tried hungry valley just to start

Comment

Where is Terrasanta in relation to Los Angeles? If your north west of L.A, then Hungry Valley or Gorman area offer all kinds of fun. If you want to venture north east of L.A. then you have the Big Bear area and high desert. Never been wheeling South towards San Diego but there is Glamis and Ocotillo Wells down there. What kind of wheeling do you do?

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I think driving to LA in my jeep would be costly for gas. i herd of ocotillo wells but i dunno where its at. Ive been to Corral canyon wich was a blast. Kinda small rock crawling but alot of dirt road to. Im kinda into that not the heavy rock crawling.

Comment

Well, up here in the Mojave basin above LA (Antelope Valley) we have mud all over the place right now! Friend of mine has had his XJ on 35" Dynapros working the winch on lesser vehicles (mostly Hondas) who drown and/or get buried trying to negotiate flooded roads. The recent rains dumped and flooded out most of the roads here.

Can't find Terrasanta. Tierrasanta is by San Diego I see. Dunno about mud down there. You can find some in Arizona, but I really would not wheel over there right now...just not safe unless you have a well-armed convoy....like with a M35 gun-truck with a quad .50 in the back....I'm not kidding.

Ocotillo Wells is north of El Centro: http://www.desertusa.com/ovr/du_owinfo.html

The best mud I ever enjoyed was along a power-line road in northwestern Oregon, just out of Hood River. Slick clay you could not stand on. Aggressive tires, lockers and lots and lots of wheelspin! Had many an outing back home in NW Montana where we came back to town with our trucks so covered with mud, we got yelled at at a car wash for clogging their drains! Seen many a 44" tired truck buried to the windows on the mud flats of FLathead Lake...oh yeah...now THATS some mud!

Comment

Working...
            X