X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final report

After almost 10 years, we're finally trading in the wife's 2004 Liberty. Overall, it has been reliable, comfortable, and served our needs well. The only problems we had were with steering components, having to replace both the rack and pinion and the power steering pump. We recently found many small cracks in the radiator's plastic tank that were seeping. Other than normal maintenance items, there were no other problems.

My only regret is that I never got to take it offroad to satisfy my curiosity as to how well it would do. (her vehicle, her rules!) Anyway, today we pick up a 2014 Patriot Limited with all the goodies. (her choice, not mine). I'm not sure how well I'm going to like the 4-banger that's in it but 30 mpg sounds OK. I'm going to have to break down and read the owner's manual this time, too many electronics that I don't have a clue about! Hopefully this one will be as good as the last one. The one thing I am sure of is, I WILL NEVER GET RID OF MY CJ5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you trading it in for?

Comment

We got a 2014 Patriot Limited 4X4. It has all the goodies but is not the trail rated edition. The Liberty never saw the dirt and this probably won't either. The wife uses this for her daily driver and we'll use it for road trips. Other than looking like a Jeep from the front, I'm not sure how much "Jeep blood" it has in it. It's got all the creature comforts you could ever want and then some and they claim it's 4 wheel drive. We'll see how all that works out. If it's as trouble free and dependable as the Libby was, we'll be happy! I'll keep you informed.

Comment

I have a 2008 Liberty that is my daily driver. It doesn't do anything but get me to and from work and that's ok with me.

Comment

We weren't sure what we were going get after they ended the Liberty. The last ones were ugly anyway! For just the two of us, we really don't need anything bigger, or more expensive. I really hated to get rid of the Liberty but it was at that point where it was going to start nickel and diming me until I wouldn't get anything for it at trade-in.

Looking at what was available and what we wanted, the Patriot seemed like the best choice. I already miss the Liberty, at least I knew what all the buttons did! Maybe once I get used to the new one, it might grow on me.

Comment

After just over a week with the Patriot, I can say it's a nice vehicle but IT'S NO JEEP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X