X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty soft top

My soft top is almost an entire shade lighter by the mud on it. I know soap and water don't work. I saw the soft top cleaner in the magazine, do they get the mud stains off? If so, which brand is recomended. Thanks

use a pressure washer. Works everytime. My old top was stained with mud and soap and water didnt do $hit until I got out the powerwasher. It looked black again.

I dont know about any of those cleaners though.

-Lou

Comment

Simple Green has always worked well for me. Get the top wet, spray it down with full strength Simple Green, let it sit for a few minutes, and then hose it off. For the real stubborn stains, you may need to use a brush to help get them off.

Comment

i use simple green, or degreaser, cant remember whats its called but its in a purple bottle and works really well.

Comment

Thank you I'll try that. I have a power washer so I can try that first then the simple green.

Comment

Useless Soft Tops...

G-Tar...

Ask FUBAR if you can have his new Besttop soft top. He said he was going to throw it away when he got back from vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
              G-Tar...

Ask FUBAR if you can have his new Besttop soft top. He said he was going to throw it away when he got back from vacation.
              No dice. Its for a CJ.

Comment

That would be cool getting a free soft top if it had worked. OK since I am on the topic of cleaning, I went wheeling recently and at the bottom there was a good bit of water in two big holes. So I went through each about 10 times. I have all kinds of dirt on the inside of my engine and through my radiator. I also think something is wrong with my jeep because after everything dried it is making some loud noise. Is powerwashing the engine a very bad idea? And do they make cleaners you can just spray on your engine to loosen up the dirt then hose off(simple green)? Sorry, I know its a bad place to post the question.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b271/G...ouse%20Hollow/

Comment

i know the sell engine degreaser and stuff that might help, some ppl say pressure washing is bad but I've never had a prob just dont spray direct into hoses intake and and electrical and ive never had a prob, also if you want to go to extreme a couple car dealerships should do steam cleaning make everything nice for ya!!

Comment

Originally posted by G-tar-man
                    That would be cool getting a free soft top if it had worked. OK since I am on the topic of cleaning, I went wheeling recently and at the bottom there was a good bit of water in two big holes. So I went through each about 10 times. I have all kinds of dirt on the inside of my engine and through my radiator. I also think something is wrong with my jeep because after everything dried it is making some loud noise. Is powerwashing the engine a very bad idea? And do they make cleaners you can just spray on your engine to loosen up the dirt then hose off(simple green)? Sorry, I know its a bad place to post the question.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b271/G...ouse%20Hollow/
                    Actually, if you have weird noices in your car. Change the oil on both your engine and your auto transmission.
                    I too was driving in a good bit of water, and learned the hard way, that the auto transmission on the sahara don't have breathing hose mounted up in the hood. It's just barely above the transmission it self. So I had to do 4 oil changes on my transmission, to make the oil look good again.
                    So, my car had lot's of rare noices in it after my little bath, but when I changed the oil, the noices were gone. Take good care of you transmission, check oil often, specially after bathing. It doesn't like much water, and might get seriously damaged.

Comment

I just changed my oil last week though. And I have a 5 speed.

Comment

The loud noise turned out to be a bearing going bad in my water pump.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtj99
                          use a pressure washer. Works everytime. My old top was stained with mud and soap and water didnt do $hit until I got out the powerwasher. It looked black again.

I dont know about any of those cleaners though.

-Lou
                          I figure I shouldn't just sit there with the pressure washer 2 inches away from the soft windows, but I had a question. How safe is the pressure washer on the soft windows? My windows have held up well so far, but I was just curious, and I don't want to be a guinea pig! lol

Comment

I personally would keep the power washer farther than two inches away from the corners of the windows where you could tear the window from the fabric.

I cleaned my top today with the Simple Green, works great thanks for the tip. Do you think I can use it on my carpet as well. The owner before me had a dog and when the jeep gets hot inside it stinks, so I want to try to remove as much hair as possible then use simple green to clean it. It will at least smell like the cleaner instead of dog piss.

I guess I should have named this post cleaning questions.
                            Last edited by G-tar-man; 08-18-2005, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by G-tar-man
                              I personally would keep the power washer farther than two inches away from the corners of the windows where you could tear the window from the fabric.

I cleaned my top today with the Simple Green, works great thanks for the tip. Do you think I can use it on my carpet as well. The owner before me had a dog and when the jeep gets hot inside it stinks, so I want to try to remove as much hair as possible then use simple green to clean it. It will at least smell like the cleaner instead of dog piss.

I guess I should have named this post cleaning questions.
                              I would just pull all the carpet out, hose it down, maybe get a bucket of soapy water and dunk the carpet in that and wash it again, then let them dry in the sun for a day or so. After that, spray them down with Febreeze and let that dry and you shoud be pee free!
                              I also have seen some Freebreeze laundry stuff for washing cloths, maybe soak the carpet in a bucket of that stuff diluted if the above does not work (but it should).

Comment

Working...
                              X