X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Lights???

What did you guys use (for lights) for your windshield lights? I see alot with KC on them... but what do you suggest? 6"? Long Range? Driving? Model #'s would be great. Thanks

i use the hella 500's, they're smaller profile. and only cost me 50 bucks. get the driving

Comment

bought cheap Delta-tech driving lights and threw a set of KC stoneguards on em..

Comment

I got a free set of KC's on mine, so i dont know what type they were (long range or not). I also have a set of knock offs from wal-mart on the bumper, i can't tell the difference, but when all 4 are on at night it looks like its daylight out.

Ryan

Comment

I've got KC daylighters, they work great. The only thing I would different is use the slim profile ones, so I can put the windshield down. I also agree on the driving style, they are plenty bright.

Comment

Harbor Freight 100W Offroad Truck Lights. They cost me $8 on sale. Normal price is $16.99.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3029

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery/...2/100_5366.jpg

Without:

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery/...2/100B5380.jpg

With:

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery/...2/100B5400.jpg

Comment

Does anyone else regret putting their lights on the windshield brackets? I mounted a set of KC daylighters up there on mine, and I always seem like I'm trying to look around them whenever I turn. I feel like they obstruct my vision, and last time on the trail they both got beat to hell by tree branches. I kind of wish I wouldn't have drilled the holes in my windshield frame when I installed them. They will probably be moving to the front bumper in the near future.

Joe

Comment

ive got the KC 150 watts on mine. theyre bright as crap and melted the plastic stone guards (afterwards i found out the guards arent made for those lights, kinda defeats the purpose) sometimes i have to look around them but its no big deal. i liked em so much i put 2 more on the front bumper

Comment

honestly, go with the best bang for your buck. I see guys with the nice $100 per light sets up there and all i can think of is 'what happens when you whack one with a branch' ... they break. I've got a set of free (to me at least) Hella 500s up there right now ... they light up the night

get either driving or long range lights ... not fogs

just my $0.02

Comment

I had KC's on my Jeep for 6 years of offroading and never need'd them once or used them (too lazy to get out and pull the covers). My wife's Jeep needed some bling so I gave her my KC's, all 4, to go on the lightbar. So I took my old fog lights off out of the "tossed" bin and mounted them on the windshield using the same wiring of the stock switch....used them like 20 times in 4 months. Its nicer to not have the godly power of KC's because you can use them around town and noone gets pissed, nice circumferance of light too.

Comment

I've got 4 KC's on my TJ (2 driving, two long range) mounted on the bumper and love 'em. They're great for backroads at night and keeping deer off of my bumper (I don't live in the city). I also spend a lot of time off roading in the desert at night and want more light. On my YJ I have 4 daylighters on the roofrack and 2 driving on the bumper and it is amazing.

Comment

I run the Hella 500's driving lights on my windsheild and i love them. They really light up the night and they are nicely priced. The only problem i had was the rim on the outside of the glass light is not covered by the plastic housing and when they were on it put out a bright annoying glow around the edge of the light. All i did to fix this was to take the light out of the housing, put a piece of electrical tape around the outer rim of the glass and put the light back in the housing. Well worth the money.

Comment

I have the hood mounted light/ hi lift rack. I only use it for the lights but i can see like day time when there on. I even have a bug guard on the hood and they shine right through it. And w/ 6 of them you can spin the outside ones to about 45 degrees and get some wicked coverage.

Comment

KC Slimlite Long Range - work great. I also have the light guards for under them for glare but I didn't put on yet don't seem to need them? Running another pairs of KC Slimlites Fog Lights on the front Warn Bumper - also work great and running a pair of KC back up lights off the back bumper and wired to reverse as well as switched and these are awesome for nite and backing up! I had used the KC Daylighters before but I really like these KC Slimlites also KC service was awesome with questions and parts!! MY 2 cents.

Comment

can u install those lights by urself or do u need to have them installed if so r they easy to do. cause from those pictures they look so awesome im thinkin of looking into gettin some

Comment

Working...
                              X