Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday wired the cooling fan, reinstalledfuel tank and moved the driversseat out of my daily driver .Then drove it down the drive way .Intended to smoke the tires ,then remembered the leaf springs are just hanging from the upper shackle bolts .So I just turned it around and put it back in the garage . Put the drivers seat back into the other YJ and began stripping the famliy bar and orfab sport bar out of it .So as to be ready for a body swap .My daughter who is twelve will be getting the white body on the 4 banger frame and running gear .When I up grade the axels the d35 with posi will be moved over to it also.My intention is to have all the nesseccary parts moved intime to take the V8 YJ to Jeep Beach.this way I'll have way more in labor than parts involved .It would be easier if I could get over this cold.
    Last edited by softop; 02-16-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Drove it to work the other day wheels and tires feel square at about 30 mph ,but its only 6 miles to work .OOps forgot to insure it or register it I hope Georgia can get over that .No problems did not over heat and oil preasure seams good. Does have a couple of broken exhaust hangers which makes for some irratation when you have to listen.to the mufflers tapping the floor .I would love to have it ready for JEEP BEACH. I dont have the front axel I want to put int ready Nothing special just a XJ none disconnected Danna 30 needs a ring and pinion swap shock mounts and spring pearches ,,Thank GOD the wife is responsible or it would be .Hell , its only money .. If I could find a set of wheels to mount a set of used 31's on I could pull the lift of the black YJ one start getting serious ..But for what people want for stock wheels around here I could just get another lift kit and play share the 33's
      Last edited by softop; 03-13-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I know ,I know all this work to do and I create more . Found a performance accessories 3 in body lift on Craigs list last week in Charlestown Sc.for $50.00 I even gave him an extra $20. to meet me half way .Got it installed today and it was easy ..Up until the plastic radiator drain plug on the radiator that was sourced from GOD knows what ..Try tell the counter guy at the parts house that.5 parts stores and a ruined afternoon The NAPA guy finally he went into the back and dug up an it'll work plastic plug my hero.Any way lift is on I still need to visit the welder to burn the spacers on the frame under the grill . And get the extention welded on the 4x4 selector shifter . I just could not stand it at stock level ..Now I need to intergrate a pair of Silverado springs into the front leaf pac ..To elemenate the sage created by the extra horse power .

I just want to Drive it

Comment

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s.../Norman003.jpg
          http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s.../Norman002.jpg
          new pics 3 inch body lift 1 1/4 shackle lift and 33inch tires seamed all ready to go still needs a dash put back in and fuel guage would have been nice and to find out the hard way you need a flywheel

Comment

Have had economical problems,nothing bad just suffering from lack of allowance from wifey ,it appears she 's been embezling funds .because she came up with a pre owned 3 inch lift and 31 10.50's for her XJ and slave labor to do the install.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...bwulf/n121.jpg

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...bwulf/n124.jpg
            Last edited by softop; 05-07-2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Nice! Coming along well there! I think it actually looks decent without the front fenders. XJ looks good too! Gotta keep the wifey happy!

Comment

well I was having fun untill the th350 stopped shifting ..I was getting use to boiling the tires ..well back in the 4 banger ..I hope the doc has meds for this

Comment

Well not alot been going on latley,picked up new electric cooling fan .Traded a xj front drive shaft for an engine dress up (valve covers @ air cleaner) my kinda price .Some thing laying aroun for something to install.Pulled the front axel for to put back in the other daily driver .Bought a dana 30 for $$50.00 and I can install the short side axel and knuckle off the damaged one and put it in this YJ and then both jeeps will have good axels , all have good rims and tires now .Fuel injection would be nice just need money for that or a couple of trips to salvage and knowing what to get to make it all work .and this heat wave to cool off would help

Comment

ok so it needs both sides seams some one snuck in a xj knuckle and bearing unit on the other side good thing I have extras

Comment

Working...
                    X