X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB compressor switch

This might be a tough one. I plan on going with the AEV rocker switches for my lockers but it is only for the Front and Rear switches. I called them to ask where they normally install the compressor switch and they said they hook it up somehow to the 4wd lever so that when it is pulled into 4wlo that the compressor automatically comes on. I thought this was a pretty cool idea and was wondering if anyone here would know how to do something like that? I think it would have something to do with the 4x4 light in the dash or something I am not really sure. Thanks for all the advice.

My thinking would be to put a relay inline with the 4wd light, that way its on in lo or high. if you want just lo, you might try putting in a switch with a roller on it so the lever engages the switch.

Comment

Let me get this right. If you need air for anything at all, you'll have to put it 4wd? I use my compressor a lot without putting my Jeep in 4wd, but hey, what ever flicks your trigger!

You need a relay that turns on the compressor so wire the relay to whatever switch you use when you're in 2wd. The switch will be open in 2wd and it will close when you pull the lever out of 2wd to 4wd. If it fails you just won't have air and you can climb under the jeep to get to the switch or you could mount it up on top but it would probably look hillbillied up top. Sorry if I offended anyone, I should of said shoemaked.

Comment

Working...
      X