Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
I think were all done.................... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well now the messiah has started the lower/middle class tax assault. The GM ceo was fired by the WH. It is being reported that part of the issue is that he isn't negotiating with the UAW about the retirement of employees (union). Also, as of 4/1, the tax on smokes is going WAY up.

    But not to worry. He won't raise taxes except on the top 5% tax bracket. He probably just forgot to mention this part in his campaign speeches. .....Or maybe he had his fingers crossed behind his back.


    The messiah also announced today that the government will stand behind GM and Chrysler warranties.
    Isn't that comforting?
    Last edited by kingchip; 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM.

    Comment


    • semantics and agenda...

      Originally posted by kingchip View Post
      ...But not to worry. He won't raise taxes except on the top 5% tax bracket. He probably just forgot to mention this part in his campaign speeches. .....Or maybe he had his fingers crossed behind his back.
      Maybe someone needs to 'define' taxation for him. We already had a president that didn't know what the definition of sex was.

      Last week on National Propaganda Radio, an expert came right out and admitted that the people in this country making above $250,000.00 yearly could NOT afford President Obama's health care reforms...not to mention the other THREE POINT SIX TRILLION in vote buying programs.

      I was waiting for Gomer to pipe up with 'Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!' but it didn't happen. Where he will screw the working man completely to the wall will be on his 'cap and trade' scheme. Thank God NPR says that's off the table for the time being. (They have been known to be QUITE wrong on occasion...)

      Comment


      • This thread doesn't end does it? Pretty good place to vent about everything. Cigarettes are terrible for you anyway - I quit last December and still coughing up crap 3 months later. I like NPR ..at least it's interesting and not as repetative and depressing as Rush, Laura, and the other doomsday advocates are.

        http://icommons.org/_overblog/img/11...s_near_web.jpg
        Last edited by rippin YJ; 03-31-2009, 07:21 AM.

        Comment


        • just as I suspected...

          Originally posted by rippin YJ View Post
          ...Cigarettes are terrible for you anyway - I quit last December and still coughing up crap 3 months later...
          That's just terrible news. I notice that you failed to make the taxation connection, but I'm certainly not surprised.

          It is also curious that the liberals find war much more acceptable in Afghanistan than Iraq. Does a soldier not get killed just as dead in Afghanistan as he does in Iraq? I mean, WAR is WAR...or is it?

          I found something of interest today. During a study of American politics by the Nancy Pelosi Center for a Brighter Tomorrow If You Continue to Vote Democrat, a new discovery was made and it explains a LOT.

          Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
          Last edited by blackwater; 03-30-2009, 09:29 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by blackwater View Post
            That's just terrible news. I notice that you failed to make the taxation connection, but I'm certainly not surprised.

            It is also curious that the liberals find war much more acceptable in Afghanistan than Iraq. Does a soldier not get killed just as dead in Afghanistan as he does in Iraq? I mean, WAR is WAR...or is it?

            I found something of interest today. During a study of American politics by the Nancy Pelosi Center for a Brighter Tomorrow If You Continue to Vote Democrat, a new discovery was made and it explains a LOT.

            Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
            The tax connection was made. I was just stating that it won't affect me since I do not smoke anymore.

            War is war ... however some wars can actually be justified whereas others can not.

            The war in Afganistan is actually against the people who orchestrated 9/11 ie... Osama Bin Laden. You know... the real war on terror. Unlike the war in Iraq that was more of a family grudge against Saddam/chance for Cheny and Halliburton/Blackwater to make a big score. There is also the small matter of how a war is fought ie stooping to torture, prisoner abuse, needless colateral damage, shamefully hiding the dead heroes from the American people, "misunderestimating" the enemy, overall poor planning, and just looking just plain stupid by celebrating "mission accomplished" long before the fight had even started to get ugly.

            Funny you bring the bozone thing up.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rippin YJ View Post
              The tax connection was made. I was just stating that it won't affect me since I do not smoke anymore.
              Rippin, the really sad thing is that it will come back and affect you anyway.
              Massachusetts is way ahead in running this game, thanks to Deval Patrick (special friends with Obama, remember?)... at any rate, they jacked up the gas tax, and people drove less, so they got less revenue, so they have also jacked up the Mass Turnpike tolls, and are going to jack up the gas tax again.
              Oh, and we're looking for a large increase in local school taxes... lottery proceeds were used to offset the need for local tax revenues, but with the economy down, lottery revenues are down, so they're back to jacking up local taxes too.

              It's like a game of whack-a-mole. Anyplace you get it covered, danged thing pops up someplace else.

              Comment


              • OOOOPS !!!! No teleprompter at the G-20 summit. I won't elaborate. In a nutshell, the messiah explained that the protesters outside didn't really mean it.

                As far as taxation, maybe tobacco tax won't get you, but the fuel will get your pocketbook at the pump, as well as home heating and cooling, grocery store, parts house, and any place else you go to purchase something.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                  As far as taxation, maybe tobacco tax won't get you, but the fuel will get your pocketbook at the pump, as well as home heating and cooling, grocery store, parts house, and any place else you go to purchase something.
                  The whole problem on taxation is not that they'll tax a particular item, that you can then choose to eliminate from your life... it's that the government intends to raise an enormous amount of money through new taxes, and if they get less than expected from their first or second tax scheme, they'll just keep hiking taxes on things until they get their money.
                  It's like having a vampire in the room with you... sure you can toss him a hamster to suck dry, but he'll still come back for you as soon as the hamster is done.

                  Fricking politicians... liars and thieves all of them. Most of 'em aren't even good enough to make a self respecting Zombie in Poppy's Zombie Army.

                  Comment


                  • walking on water ain't so easy...

                    Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                    OOOOPS !!!! No teleprompter at the G-20 summit. I won't elaborate. In a nutshell, the messiah explained that the protesters outside didn't really mean it...
                    I can't believe how easily they let him off with the special olympics gaff...Wait a minute...yes, I can. The mainstream media is his whore.

                    Can you imagine what the media would have done to a Republican for saying something like that?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rippin YJ View Post
                      The tax connection was made. I was just stating that it won't affect me since I do not smoke anymore.

                      Spoken like a true lib. Taxes are good, as long as they only affect others that lib leaders tell me are more financially secure, thus, bad people, regardless of the fact that they earned what they have.

                      Comment


                      • "Don't think we're not keeping score, brother." That's what President Barack Obama said to Rep. Peter DeFazio in a closed-door meeting of the House Democratic Caucus last week, according to the Associated Press.
                        Whoa! Now that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
                        Usually, presidential offices don't go into this kind of mode until after the end of the second year in office. Not only does this bode ill for Mr. Obama's presidency, it says a lot about where the country is likely to be by the mid-term elections, especially now that the info is out about Obama's ties to ACORN and voter fraud. Things is gunna get ugly at the ballot box.

                        Comment


                        • First off, I find it ironic that the team that wants to raise taxes, kinda overlooks paying them.

                          Who knows, by next election, hussein may win it 100% similar to N.Korea elections.

                          Comment


                          • voting for the working man...

                            Originally posted by tomsjeep View Post
                            Rippin, the really sad thing is that it will come back and affect you anyway. It's like a game of whack-a-mole. Anyplace you get it covered, danged thing pops up someplace else...
                            "It was in one of the local papers in the last couple of weeks, in a city of 8-9 million people around 42,242 pay fully half the taxes in New York City," said Hannity. "New York City with Wall Street's decline is going bankrupt and the state raises taxes dramatically and spending by 9%. Federal, State, County, insane sales and property tax -- it is as John McCain says ...'Generational theft."'

                            I cannot believe the people of this nation are putting up with this crap. Not only do some put up with it, they DEFEND it for God's sake. Darwin is going to get us yet. I know that Hannity's name will set some off, but it's like one of our residents said, 'Facts do not cease to become facts just because you don't believe them.'

                            Comment


                            • Grassy knoll?

                              We put up with it because we must. Our system is designed to resist change. Unless it is change for the worse, that seems to be OK. Like I said before, If I don't pay my taxes, I go to jail. All we can do is wage a written war, and hope that it does not get so bad as to cause a rebellion before it gets better. All I can be sure of is that there will be more and more people that see violence as the only way to release the discontent and injustice in their souls. Look at the riots here in the UK during the G20. People are not happy, and do not feel that they are being represented in the decision making process. So they smash banks and assault police (Which are the direct manifestation of the authority that has been neglecting them). It will be worse in the US if it ever comes to that point...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                                First off, I find it ironic that the team that wants to raise taxes, kinda overlooks paying them.
                                Overlook paying them?
                                Shoot, we're on the 9th Obama appointee with major tax problems now? These folks are moving into Washington in a big way, man!

                                Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
                                Blackwater, oh no you din't!
                                That's cute, where'd you come up with that? Haz you been sitting down and thinking about sweet taters again!?!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X