X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cj2a top

I have a cj2a that has a top on it that I have never seen before,and the only picture I can find of one is on the cj3b page of a cj2a police jeep.Here are some pictures of my top.It has a roll up back door and slideing side doors.And I can't find any tags to ID what brand it is. Any info would be great!

Could it be home-made? I have seen some well made tops, that looked like they could have been factory, but were in fact made by a skilled sheet metal man. Out of galvanized, too.

Comment

to me it looks like a 1/2 home made and 1/2 kelly top. use www.thecj3bpage.com for more top info. there is also alot of info on www.thecj2apage.com

Comment

Looks like it was cut off a mail Jeep and made to fit the 2a.

Comment

I don't think it's home made and I don't think it was cut off a mail jeep.The top bolts to perfectly to the top of the tub and it's made for a tappered body. Also the back tailgate comes down and seats good on the stock jeep tailgate.And it looks too good to be home made. Somthing I havent seen much of is it has a fiberglass top on it,so i'm sure it's a factory top.Just a thought but could it be a old mail jeep?I have heard that the us post office did have a few.

Comment

ask these guys.,.. they know everything!
            http://66.70.101.194/forums/default.asp

Comment

willys didn't suply a "factory" hardtop. you could buy a 1949 worman jee-cab from a willys dealer then but only soft tops came from willys. the worman cabs were eather steel or alum 1/2 cab or full cab. i have never seen nor heard of a fibre glass top. the post office did use cj's but they mostly were dj's. the dj was a 2wheel drive where all cj's were 4wd. below is my 2a w/ my worman cab. i have since sold the top and found a koeing steel top w/ key locking doors, roll up glass windows, insluation, interior lighting and a much stronger steel construction. i would speak to some of the guys at www.thecj2apage use the link piginajeep gave. but for the best collection of orig and aftermarket infor in flat fender hard tops look in www.thecj3bpage. they have alot of stuff there. i think your top is a kelly or meyers top. or maybe both mixed.
              http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k6...6in1peice7.jpg
              mike g

Comment

This is probably totally whack, but that sure looks like an early FJ40 Landcruiser top with blank sides grafted in!

Any good fabricator could have done that. I am not really familiar with the other tops available for Willys jeeps, but I haven't seen one like that before.

Comment

Looks very much like the one my dad has. Same shape and style.
                  His is a half cab, they made both, but he likes the half cab.

Comment

Ok, I did some research and it seems to be a Koenig made top.

Comment

I did some more research on it with all those links youall gave me and found that it may have came off a dj3a delivery jeep.All the info and pictures I found on it was with a dj3a.And I got looking harder at it and I think that the person that put it on, pulled the corner of the top out to fit around the bow pocket(the dj's didn't have this pocket if I remember right)so I think it was made for a dj.
                      thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                      X