X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low hanging shock mount brackets??

I just looked CLOSE at two 2007 2 dr wrangler X models. I noticed what I thought were extremely low hanging mounts for the rear shocks. I compaired them with an 06 rubicon next to them. On the 07s the bottom of the mounts were just about even with (and only an inch or two away from) the lowermost part of the rim. On the rubi the shock mounts are about 2-3 inches above the lowermost part of the rim and certainly at least that far away from the rim.

I've managed to bust the drivers side mount on the YJ off twice. The TJ looks to have the same style and placement of mount. Any of you guys who own the JK noticed any problems associated with this as of yet?

Dave

Where they are located on the JK's rear axle isn't going to be a problem. They are close enough to the tires that it will be pretty tough to hit them on something. I had this discussion with a TJ guy the other day that moved his shocks to about where the JK's are located and never hit them again.

Scrambler

Comment

Originally posted by scrambler013
      Where they are located on the JK's rear axle isn't going to be a problem. They are close enough to the tires that it will be pretty tough to hit them on something. I had this discussion with a TJ guy the other day that moved his shocks to about where the JK's are located and never hit them again.

Scrambler
      when i had a TJ i did the nth degree movers . .. . same thing.

Comment

Working...
      X