Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Top Leaks

Hello-

I'm a new JK owner and now that it's finally raining in Michigan this summer, we've put the top up for the first time. It's been a fun summer on the beach with the JK.

This morning I came out to my jeep in a soft rain and its leaking in the corners at the windshield. The fit seems to be tight. Has anyone had any experience with leaks of this nature and what are your recommendations?

TIA

Sadly me also....

Live in Chicago. As you know the rain has been torrential this past week. Driver side, where roof meets top of door and top of windscreen. However, I know I didnt clamp the roof down with those side rubber channel clamps. Never had to with my 06 jeep. Check the door frame bar above your head. Mine filled with water and drops a bucket load at every bump and corner. I suspect its not a leak, more poor moulding protection. Dealer just ordered new seals for my doors just in case.

Comment

i don't know if mine is or not. it's raining cats and dogs in baltimore tonight so i'll see tomorrow. everyonce and awhile when i get in i see h2o but don't know if it's from open door drip or it's leaking. every jeep i've ever owned has leaked.

Comment

Update...

Absolutely peeing down and I am getting soaked. Entering slowly on passenger side also. However, although roof is completely clamped down now, I do have half doors. That may be a problem in itself in that the top half may be a looser fit with less compression than a full door.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsholm
          Absolutely peeing down and I am getting soaked. Entering slowly on passenger side also. However, although roof is completely clamped down now, I do have half doors. That may be a problem in itself in that the top half may be a looser fit with less compression than a full door.
          naw, my full doors have the same leak..

theres a thread about it here
          http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=6373

theres a a fix from jeep, but it sounds like a hack fix

Comment

yep me too. i'm droping mine off at the dealer all week next week while i'm on vacation. that will be one of my problems.

Comment

Don't worry all Jeeps leak. It comes as a free option on all of them. And isn't molding the green tint that comes with the free leaks?

Comment

Leak

Had mine to the dealer for the recall and while there they could not replicate the leak problem.

Comment

Leaky Top???????????

Yea, just read the posts. Had my JK at the dealer today (9/6/07). They are going to replace all the weather stripping around the drivers side door.

**Reply to all Jeeps leak. Not ALL! My 95 Wrangler, never leaked .....tighter than dicks hatband! **

Comment

There is a TSB from Jeep addressing this issue. Check with your dealer

Comment

TJ's never had this problem and I have half doors too. What was wrong with the TJ design that they had to change?

Comment

Originally posted by NMJeeper
                        TJ's never had this problem and I have half doors too. What was wrong with the TJ design that they had to change?
                        its where the front seal meets the door seal,

Comment

Working...
                        X