X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it work?

This maybe a dumb question but, can you put a brake booster from a CJ7 on a CJ5 that doesn't have power brakes? Also where can I find a set of 2 to 3 inch lift shackles?

Yes assuming your CJ-5 has front disc brakes but you would be better off putting a bigger one on say off of an old J-10.

As for shackles remember a 2 inch lift is a one in reality a one inch because you are only lifting one side of the spring. Don't go crazy with a shackle lift it will create all kinds of stablity issues and that's not what you want particuarly in a CJ5. No more than 2 (reality 1) save your pennies and put it into the springs...

Comment

i'd also say don't go sky high on shackles. use a body lift instead if you're on a budjet.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try a booster from a J-10. I already have a 4 inch suspension lift (just wanted a little more elevation) not a real big fan of body lifts.

How about putting wider axles from a blazer under it. I should still be able to use the jeep suspension correct?

Comment

If you want more lift do a spring over axle set up! If you want to put bigger axles in also now is the time.

Comment

For the spring over can you use the same plate and u-bolts or do you use a different one? Sorry, first time Jeep owner and it's doing a frame up restoration.

Comment

Working...
            X