X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 10 ---Stick Shift Removal---

So I need to remove my transmission for a swap. I have got everything out except that damn shifter and the input shaft wont clear for easy removal. None of my repair books list how to remove the Peugeot shifter only the ax-15 and nv3550. I cant understand why those retarted frenchies would'nt just use a pin or bolt? I cant figure out how the thing comes off. If someone can help it will be very appreciated.

u have to use a screw driver to push in two presure plates at the bottom of the stick where it goes in to the trans. At least thats how my 88 was when I chanaged the clutch a few weeks ago. If you need more help than that I will take the shifter boot of my stick and take some pics for you after work.

Comment

snap ring

There is a large snap ring that holds the shifter in place, you will need snap ring pliers. It is pretty stiff and I had a heck of a time getting mine out. If you do not have snapring pliers you may be able to pry it out with a couple flat screwdrivers.

Comment

Thanks guys. Ill give it a try after work...That shifter almost met its match with a Saws-All yesterday.

Comment

Working...
        X