Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper

Hi guys,

If I am lucky I'll be having my new JK right for Christmas. So pics will soon follow.
    Since I live in Germany we got different bumpers front and rear that ruin the departure angle. The rear doesn't bother me, that easily modified if it really stops me off the road.
    I see more probs with the front, the Euro bumper sticking out forward quite a bit more than the US version. And all the aftermarket bumpers are not legal here anymore... not even the MOPAR one
    Ok, so the question is, does anyone has an original front bumper laying around, may be from an upgrade to an aftermarket bumper?

i have one buts its beat to crap (im mean really beat)

Comment

Originally posted by beermonkey View Post
      i have one buts its beat to crap (im mean really beat)
      Too bad man...

Comment

I'm assuming that even if you find one, it will not be legal???!!

Comment

Should be, as it's factory, and not a factory 'aftermarket' or upgrade.

I mean, if you moved thier or were stationed there, you're vehicle you brought with would be to American standards. And if you sold it to a German resident....you get my line of thinking, I think....

Comment

I'll post uo locally Toralf, I know of at least 3 guys who put aftermarket bumpers on thier JK's.

Comment

Originally posted by NOCHEEPGAS View Post
              I'm assuming that even if you find one, it will not be legal???!!
              It's not not legal
              Officially only the Euro bumpers are legal but since the US bumper is an original part and works with the airbag system and is made of plastics they are accepted but not legal for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf View Post
                It's not not legal
                Officially only the Euro bumpers are legal but since the US bumper is an original part and works with the airbag system and is made of plastics they are accepted but not legal for sale.
                Sweet! Now I just have to ship them to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hill, Bill E View Post
                  Sweet! Now I just have to ship them to you!
                  Yup, just don't forget to put a note in the package saying it's used and not for sale. And put a bill in it too stating that they're only 75 bucks. If you don't customs will charge me import tax on the original price.

Comment

Well, since my Rubi finally arrived I wanted to show you why I want to get rid of the Euro front bumper... have a look at that thing:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...on/Rubi001.jpg

From the side you can see even better how much that thing reduces the approach angle:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...on/Rubi003.jpg

After I got my JK I realized that they changed the side marker lights for 2009 (at least for the European models) making them sticking out wider than the flares...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...on/Rubi007.jpg
                    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...on/Rubi008.jpg

so I'm thinking about replacing them with US ones plus new taillights to get the US rear side markers as well...
                    Last edited by Toralf; 03-05-2009, 04:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

DO you need full width bumpers? Or can you cut that one down?

Comment

Originally posted by Piginajeep View Post
                        DO you need full width bumpers? Or can you cut that one down?
                        Officially? Full width. But with some nice talking and bending rules cutting down might work as well Chris.

Comment

Working...
                        X