X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• military service record

Ive got 43 MB. I was wondering if anybody knows how i can trace where this jeep came from (no, i dont mean Toledo)... or atleast how to find out what branch it served in.

also, im looking for a good used tub for restoration. MB or GPW would be fine.
    thanks

Check out this site http://www.g503.com/, they'll either have a link or someone will know. When it comes to MIL vehicles, they are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by wesfab1
      Ive got 43 MB. I was wondering if anybody knows how i can trace where this jeep came from (no, i dont mean Toledo)... or atleast how to find out what branch it served in.

also, im looking for a good used tub for restoration. MB or GPW would be fine.
      thanks
      starch's recommendation for an info site is a great one! I hadn't seen that before.

Finding the service record for the vehicle is a lot more iffy.
      The Propery Book Owner hand receipts equipment out... and those records aren't permanent... but are held for about 10 years after their end date, then the data is shredded.

Some records probably survive, but I think you're going to have to have a lot of luck to find that. Barring that, there may be clues in the paint (bumper numbers, etc.)

Good luck, and if you find out, post up and let us know!

edit: Also keep in mind it might not have served in the military... Forest Service and Border Patrol also had Jeeps. A lot of military Jeeps were "given" to Korea, who remanned and resold them, which may make the service trail even more difficult. I know, because I watched my favorite Jeep from the 25th ID get left behind - a sad day!
      Last edited by tomsjeep; 09-30-2006, 08:41 AM.

Comment

All i have is the ID tag from the frame. So im guessin that im S.O.L.

does anyone happen to have parts for this laying around that there looking to let go? I really need a tub, MB or GPW would be fine. Really all i am working with now is a frame and some sad sheet metal. Good news is my flat head is ready to go.

Comment

Check out the Web site I suggested www.g503.com as they are an excellent source of parts as well.

Comment

Working...
          X