Reverse Light Question Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Light Question

So has anyone else found that the reverse lights on the Jeep arnt that great? Has anyone replaced the bulbs in there? I was thinking about doing so- cause their bad, especailly in poor weather. I know that alot of people add the lights to the bumper in the back- But I was curious if just changing out the bulbs would work? Thanks very much for the input!

You can try those LED replacement bulbs available at most auto stores. That will help, but it's not going to really light things up for you. You can also take the lens off and make sure it is super clean, and give it a coat of wax. A little metal polish and a rag will remove any hazing that may be dimming or diffusing what little light you have. I'd give that a shot first and if not, go with a pair of fog lamps mounted in the back like the rest of us. I have a cheapie set from WallyWorld mounted in my rear tube bumper and routed to a switch by my shifter. It really lights things up back you can blind tailgaters. Hehehehe

Thought about that but I put in the KC back up lights and wired to the factory back ups so when i go in reverse them come on also installed a switch to be able to turn on separate if needed - they work great and when i back up now I have plenty of light and everyone esle can see me too! Wasn't hard to do at all and well worth the cost of the lights! KC gives you the instructions,relay as well as the wire but the switch was a little extra!