X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing blower motor resistor

Since my fan only works on high, I was told I needed to replace the resistor, I called the dealer and they told me it was $57???? For a resistor?

Any ways, what's involved in replacing it, under the hood, under the dash? The guy I got on the phone was useless, and is the price correct?

Thanks,
    Todd

Under the passenger dash, in the black box... about a 5 minute install. Price sounds about right, they aren't cheap.

Comment

Thanks for the location, great on the instal time, but the price still sucks!

Thanks!

Comment

That's a darned better price than having the dealership install it for you... then it goes well over a hundred.

Comment

You will need a 8mm nut driver or socket to remove the cover plate and the resistor

Comment

WHAT???? I paid $12 for the resistor pack at the stealership.. thats not right.

Comment

I had that same problem and the parts guy at the dealership insisted it was the resistor,,,, so I bought the part and replaced it,,,, still not working. Ended up being the fan control switch, parts guy said he had never seen that happen before. But one new fan control switch and everything is working good as new.

Comment

Working...
              X