X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budget boost vs. spring lift

I'm looking at getting a jk unlimited and was wondering what budget boost you would go with .I would like to run a set of 35's on it.....or would I be better off just going with a 3 in. Spring lift. I know with the bb you don't get the flex you do with springs .but 90 percent of time driving on road and 10 percent off road trails nothing to wild..... I need to use it as a DD..... and will be making payments for a few yrs. on it.... thank for any info

Get the Springs.

I had a similar question this year....

Originally posted by Bowzer View Post
    Ride quality, insufficient spring rate, and overall handling issues.

I have a two inch spacer on my winter beater. . .it rides pretty crappy. Typically the factory spring rate and raised center of gravity will cause more roll in the corners, the front end to dive when breaking, and bumpsteer/death wobble are more likely because of all of the above. I have replaced all my factory bushings in the sway bars and also replaced both sway bar links (twice now). . .that has helped but honestly I have been eyeing for a used set of springs and now new ones because it's getting old. The higher spring rate takes a lot of stress off the sway components and improves handling. With my old 3.5" lift on a previous XJ I could ride around without the swaybars connected, I wouldn't even attempt this with one disconnected on spacers. For the dollar value buy the complete kit. . .that way you don't have to spend more in the future trying to get it to ride better, it will out of the box.

If I had to do over again I would buy the aftermarket springs. . .prices arent that far off.
    Originally posted by Bowzer View Post
    Don't forget once you buy the spacers you will also need to purchase replacement shocks. Typically the factory shocks will bottom out before the suspension can fully droop . . .that will ruin the factory shock quite quickly.

So add another $150 to the spacer price.
    Originally posted by The Jeep Driver View Post
    I am going with the aftermarket spring lift. I just got off the phone with 4WD, and after talking to the rep about what I wanted the Jeep to do, I ordered the Pro-Comp lift. Thank ya'll for the advice!

Color & Underlining added by me.

Comment

got mud.. u'll b fine with a budget boost.. go with a teraflex 2.5" bb w/shock adapters.. i ran this on mine for 3 1/2 yrs... still running rear bb n shock adapters f/r, got rustys 3.25" front coils springs to compensate for the added weight of bumper n winch...

by far the best bb is the tf 2.5" bb...

Comment

Working...
      X