X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bimini on a hard top?

I have a 2002 hard top and would love to have a bimini top on during the summer. Is there a conversion kit or windshield rail I can put on for the bimini to clasp on to? Thanks.

Ok, I think you mean a bikini top.... if so, there are options for that, either a drill header or non drill header depending on the brand bikini top you go with. Either way, yes you can put a bikini top on if you Jeep came with a hard top. Now, I'm not sure if you are asking if you can put the bikini on and the hard top ontop of it, if so, no. Where the bikini mounts in front on the windshield wether it be a drill or nondrill style header, it wont allow it because of where the hard top locks onto the windsheild. But, it only takes a few minutes to put a non drill header on/off. The Drill style header can stay in place year round. When you are looking for a top, consider also how much coverage you want, full cab or just the driver/passanger. A safari top will cover front to back where a bikini just the front. ALSO, look into a cab cover if you will have it outside and dont want it to get rainsoaked when parked. I usually yank the doors and top off during the summer and keep the cover with so incase it rains, I dont come out to a soaking wet seat, and anything else that inside. If you arent worried about that, make sure to pull your drain plugs in the floor and yank the carpets.

Comment

I do not have the bimini brand "bikini top". However I am using a rampage two peice bikini/safari top that unzips if you only want the front seats covered or if both peices are installed it covers the front and back. I also have a non drill in header. If you search on the top you want on this site is will give ussually give you a list of required items needed to install. I also have a hard top and was tired of having to put it back on by myself every other day depending on the weather. I am very happy with my purchase.

Comment

Working...
      X