X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery voltage gauge

so my voltage gauge keeps pegging at +19V. it does it at random times every couple of days. i have a 99Tj and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. is it just the battery going bad or something more serious?

When the volt peg are the rest of your gauges ok ?Like the speedo,tac ect. PS. Sent PM

Comment

Voltage Regulator?

Comment

yeah the rest of the gauges are fine, its just the battery gauge. i dont think its a short b/c it goes away when i shut it down and crank it back up. i am going to take it by advance auto parts and have them test it. after that i guess its on to the voltage regulator as you suggested RUBICON i just thought id see what y'all had to say. thanks.

Comment

ok so everything tested good. i think im gonna have to take the alternator out an have it tested seperately and even then you cant trust it. ive seen so many of them go bad and test good. any other advice?

Comment

Battery Your batter is more than likely bad get it tested good. Same thing happened to me

Comment

Originally posted by PYFighter2000 View Post
              Battery Your batter is more than likely bad get it tested good. Same thing happened to me

Good point, your battery may have a bad cell, or be getting ready to go.

Comment

thanks ill seperate it and have it tested. i was hoping it was the battery. its about time to upgrade to an optima. WOOHOO. thanks again for the suggestion.

Comment

well i replaced my battery with a yellow top. still had problems. replaced the alternator with a little bit beefier one but not much. i want a mean green but this was all i could afford. anyway it was the voltage regulator in the alternator. spent more than i wanted but did get my yellow top optima.

Comment

Working...
                  X