X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my gas gauge stops at 1/4

What's wrong if my gas guage stops at ¼ tank? is it the tank or the float? how do i fix it?

Depends, empty on mine is about 1/8.
    My problem is the big dent in my skid pan pushing in the tank.
    By stops at 1/4 does that mean its empty at 1/4 or it hits 1/4 and you still have plenty of gas left?

Comment

Originally posted by ScubaSteve8889
      What's wrong if my gas guage stops at ¼ tank? is it the tank or the float? how do i fix it?
      It's a Jeep... the gas guages in the YJs are notorious for that. (you can try to fix it but may just make it worse)

Comment

Originally posted by adventure bob
        Depends, empty on mine is about 1/8.
        My problem is the big dent in my skid pan pushing in the tank.
        By stops at 1/4 does that mean its empty at 1/4 or it hits 1/4 and you still have plenty of gas left?
        i have a ¼ of gas left when it hits ¼ tank, i think its the guage... im not gona bother to replace it just live with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Beavis
          It's a Jeep... the gas guages in the YJs are notorious for that. (you can try to fix it but may just make it worse)
          Just remember that it is empty at a quarter of a tank. Bot of mine were bone dry at an eith of a tnak and i just have to remember that. It is a sending unit issue and it is just not worth trying to fix.

Comment

When I first got my Jeep I keept a 2 gal gas can in the back just to check the milage and gauge. My was also at 1/4 it went empty. That was back in
            April when it was cooler, now it's warmer and the gauge is working fine. I still keep some extra gas on hand just because (It' a Jeep thing.)

Comment

I have the same problem. I just fill up when I see it get past the 1/4 mark.

Comment

the previous owner of my jeep installed a 20 gallon tank to replace the 15 gallon tank, but he never changed the guages or anything, so i fill it up it stays on full for 5 gallons, but it stops on a 1/4 tank. go figure

Comment

Working...
                X