X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Wheels 500

This is a new invention that some of my buddies and myself came up with, first we take old power wheels and take the motors off them and scoot the seats back and then freewheel over steep hills, (blacktop of course),
    talk about fun, can you imagine riding a power wheel at 50 mph,
    yep that's right last night we had them over 50 mph, but we couldn't control them at that fast while we were on ice,
    we had our "pace truck/pickup vehicle" following us, that is how we know how fast we're going, the snow falling last night was blinding us and stinging our eyes, we had a blast, there are about 7 of us that do this usually on the weekends & late at night,
    last night we had 8 (powerwheels) and 12 drivers we range anywhere from 100-250 lbs. and we take the kids to smaller hills and let them "race" it's usually a wreck from the start, because we always bump and rub and kick each other's ride while racing, "if you ain't rubbin then you ain't racin",
    it's fun to spin the others out, one good thing about them is that you can't flip them, the tires are slick hard plastic, so they just spin out and when you hit the ditch that's when you flip, I told them all last night that it looked like that we had robbed an orphanage, from hauling all those powerwheels around on two trucks, I don't think that we ever did decide on who the winner of last nights heat was, it was to chaotic to determine, but there's always next weekend or the next race to see who is the winner of that particular race, and then planning on the next upcoming race, everyone needs to try this atleast once,
    we get alot of "your crazy for riding that thing that fast" comments,
    but, until you've tried it don't knock it, it's probably one of the most fun things that I have ever done, and inexpensive also, we usually buy them from people who are going to throw them away anyway, we give them $5 for them and as long as they roll and steer then we will buy them.

just a suggestion for some fun, atleast for this bunch of idiots anyway

change your sig to "trying to win this years Darwin Award"

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR
      HAHA i spit pop all over my screen when i read that. Ya not the smartest thing ive ever heard...you take your children to do this. i mean i have done some dumb things in my life but i dont see my parents taking me to do these things...but still funny....do your do

Comment

Darwin award, lol, that is funny. Reminds me of the "how will you die" post

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR

Comment

I guess I'm just not seeing the problem with this...

Sounds like a hoot to me.

I don;t know about the 50 MPH thing but the rest of it sounds like a seriously drunken good time.

When I was a teenager we used to smoke dooobage and lay flat on skate boards and roll down hills. You get some SERIOUS speed!!! I think thats called street luge nowadays? We called it an excuse to bleed and laugh about it.

Perhaps it's the appalachian american gene that does it.

jblack from KY and myself a WV native.

A real WV native not a northern panhandle WV wannabe native. Ain't that right LEADFOOT?

Comment

Oh yeah!

One more thing.

And I think I am not alone when I say this.

HOW BOUT' SOME VIDEO!!!!!

Comment

wooohoooo!

Originally posted by LYKOS
                I had a blast just READING about it. (Then again, I've had a few Darwin moments myself.) A few of them lately in what we all know is the SAFEST vehicle on the road...

Comment

OK. Maybe it's an age thing... but I don't get it... what's a "power wheels 500"???

Comment

power wheels are barbie jeeps and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by LYKOS

I don;t know about the 50 MPH thing but the rest of it sounds like a seriously drunken good time.

When I was a teenager we used to smoke dooobage and lay flat on skate boards and roll down hills. You get some SERIOUS speed!!! I think thats called street luge nowadays? We called it an excuse to bleed and laugh about it.

Perhaps it's the appalachian american gene that does it.

jblack from KY and myself a WV native.

A real WV native not a northern panhandle WV wannabe native. Ain't that right LEADFOOT?
                      I do some no doubt questionably stupid stuff.....but doing a said 50mph on a chinese plastic built POS is just asking for it.

Comment

the real problem i saw is that he's getting his kids doing this. i've also done some darwin stuff...ok, lots of darwin stuff, but i don't think i'd push my kids down a hill in a power wheels jeep.

Comment

Ya'll stop...

Originally posted by jblack
                          ...and we take the kids to smaller hills and let them "race" it's usually a wreck from the start
                          That doesn't sound so bad, guys. Surely it's no worse than what ya'll do on those snow sleds up there.

We had snow once... I think... It sure sounds like fun.

Comment

The kids are only allowed on the very small hills, maybe 10mph at max, and then they have to be around 10 yrs. of age,
                            my children are 15 and 17 yrs. old, they get to go on some hills that will let them get to about 20mph, one of my buddies did take a video on his phone, if I can get him to send it to me, then maybe I can get it on here.

My digital camera takes small videos, is there someone on here that could put it up after I take a small video?? and if I can figure out how to send it to someone??

this is one of the most fun things that I have ever done, if your uncomfortable about riding it then try smaller hills until you get adjusted to the need for speed

Comment

I had a friend who broke his back yesterday while sledding, he hit a small trail that cut across the hill, it was covered with snow and he didn't know that it was there, atleast we know what lies ahead of us, just blacktop with the occasional ditch when spinning out of control.

Comment

Working...
                              X