Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

Originally posted by brikabee
    i got my power break upgrade from piratejack.net. booster,master and bracket for around 200.00, i have better breakes now than in any of my cars. works great thats a 100% better than what i had.
    Brikabee, will you check that link again. I can't find this bunch. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
      Brikabee, will you check that link again. I can't find this bunch. Thanks

http://piratejack.net/power_brake_unit_text.html

Comment

part number pbuj7486

Comment

Dude! Those look exactly like the booster, bracket, and master cylinder thats on mine from Master Power Brakes. And for 200.00 bucks its a steal. Wish I had known that when I got mine.

Comment

thats kinda what i thaught whan i saw your pics,not meaning to rub it in , honest mistake. i did shop around and around again. well if it's the same im sure your as happy as i am. no mods or fabs just straight forward.the only other i have found is at collins bros jeep 260.00 than you have shipping , well i dont cause i live close by.

Comment

Well...

You guys were certainly smokin' on this one. Thanks Sparkplug and Brikabee. As they say on the forum, 'A nice get.'

Comment

I was inpressed with that price as well. Also planning the YJ upgrade. But my issue may be alittle more complicated becaue I have a YJ tub and Brake Pedal, which the YJ Brake booster uses a longer rod from the booster to the pedal. RIght now I get alittle play in my system.

So, its still either the YJ booster or ge this and find a CJ Pedal for Automatic.

Comment

birkabee, the pic they show of the CJ power steering unit (the pbuj7486) on the Piratejack site has the brakeline connections on the wrong side, at least for my 79, which are on the fender side, not the engine side. Is the picture flopped, or does it have connections on both sides, or what? Thanks.

Comment

well jeepstir, i saw some with breakline connects on both sides while shopping, id try email pirate jack and thay may have one you need. over there thay are verry helpfull

Comment

Hey fella's,
                      As irony would have it....I found a solution to the infamous "what if" my engine dies while rock crawling power brake question. NON-OTHER than Master Power Brakes (haven't checked with pirate dudes yet) part number AC2724K. Sing with me....ITS ELECTRIC....no no NO don't do that, it would suck and I don't ever want to hear it again. Here's the link. Crazy price tag. Good idea. http://www.mpbrakes.com/ac2724k.htm

Comment

No luck at Pirate Jacks.....unless I missed it.

Comment

gnarly, on the piratejack.net site go to power breaks at the top. alll th way down on the right is a pic of what you need .thay may have one. unles you tried to order one allready there is another number, i have to call them ill ask for you if thay havethis unit .

Comment

I have the booster already. My last post has a link for an Electric vacuum pump that works from the ignition lead to provide vacuum when the engine stalls.

Comment

Both sides...

Originally posted by jeepstir
                              birkabee, the pic they show of the CJ power steering unit (the pbuj7486) on the Piratejack site has the brakeline connections on the wrong side, at least for my 79, which are on the fender side, not the engine side. Is the picture flopped, or does it have connections on both sides, or what? Thanks.
                              Jeepstir, someone makes the upgrade assembly with the ports on both sides but it's considerably more expensive than Brickabee's find. (I've seen them on E-bay). They 'might' be on the pirate site. I didn't really look after Brickabee gave the part number. Anyway, it's just a little tubing work if the ports are on the wrong side.

Comment

Thanks Blackwater! Yeah, I checked my brakelines last night and I seem to have plenty of "spare" brakeline in case I have to re-route. I'm going to call PirateJack as soon as I can to talk to them to see what they have, anyway.

While I'm at it, after I get whatever new unit I get, I've offered my current power brake unit, which is in fine condition, to a good friend with a 74 CJ-6 w/manual brakes, if it will fit. Does anyone reading this thread know if they are interchangable? I just made the offer last night, so we haven't done any investigating yet, but I thought I'd check here to see what anyone knows before we start taking things apart. I would guess a CJ-6 would be the same as a CJ-5 of the same year.

Comment

Working...
                                X