X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widest tires on stock wheels

What's the widest tire I can put on my stock 15X8.0 "CANYON" Aluminum Wheels?

I am planning a 4" lift with 33 x 12.50 Baja Claws and would like to utilize my stock wheels if possible. I will eventually purchase aftermarket 10" wide wheels but would like to wait a while.

Ya'll gimme some input on this please.

8" wheel is good up to about a 13.5" tire.

Might run into a backspacing issue, but the 8" width for a 12.5" tire is great.

10" rim is good for a 15.5" tire.

10" rim for a 12.5" tire will work but you are more likely to pop a bead or dent your rim.

Comment

i agree i have 8" rims and 12.5" tires and never had a problem, i've also run the same tires with 10" inch rims and no problems.

Comment

I have 10.5" wide tires on my stock "Canyon" rims... but I suspect backspacing would become an issue on wider tires, as I can get a little rub even now.

Comment

Does anybody happen to know the backspacing on the Canyons? Also, what might be the backspacing on the M/T Classic 8" and 10" wheels in all the catalogs? They advertise the width but never the backspacing.

Lets recap, I can run the 12.5's on the stock 8's and shouldnt have much if any rubbing.

Comment

If I remember correctly, I think the stock wheels are a 5" backspace (someone correct me if I'm wrong). With that being the case, running a 12.5" tire, you will probably have to adjust your steering stops in order to not rub on your lower control arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Red2K1TJ
              Does anybody happen to know the backspacing on the Canyons? Also, what might be the backspacing on the M/T Classic 8" and 10" wheels in all the catalogs? They advertise the width but never the backspacing.

Lets recap, I can run the 12.5's on the stock 8's and shouldnt have much if any rubbing.
              M/T Classic II 8" wide bs = 3 5/16"
              M/T Classic II 10" wide bs = 3 5/8"

I would not reccommend running 12.5 wide tires on the stock rims. The tires will rub on the lower control arms when turning. You can find out what your backspacing is by measuring the distance from the wheel mount surface to the bead on the back of the rim.

Comment

If it is 5" you will rub some on the control arms. Not a big deal. Only happens at full turn.

You could get some spacers to make them work.

Comment

canyon back space is 5.5" if you use 1.25 spacers they work great

Comment

Working...
                  X