X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took apart my cigarette lighter now I'm blowin' fuses

I did something really stupid in the process of trying to wire LED's in my Jeep.
    I blew the cigarette lighter fuse and my 40 amp ignition fuse .
    I took apart the cigarette lighter starting with taking off the wires from the the positive and negative terminals.
    Then I unscrewed the nut from the threads that are on the positive terminal.
    I put the washers and fiberglass washer back together wrong.
    This is where I think my troubles are happening.
    I don't know which washer and bridge goes first.
    I need to know if anyone knows where I can go to find out a diagram of a YJ cigarette lighter or any cigarette lighter.
    As for right now I can not use the cigarette lighter but I want to fix the components.
    Somebody please help.

I found the Casco website that has a diagram of the elements inside the cigarette lighter.
    If this doesn't solve my problem I'll call on the forums of 4wd once again.

Comment

I have never taken the washers and stuff you refer to off the nut on the back of the lighter. I do know that you can get a cheap replacement socket at vatozone or walmart for around 3-4 bucks. There a universal fit so you don't realy have to wory about the size or connections.

Comment

I had a similar problem with a truck I had. There is very little space between the parts on the lighter. It may look like it is back together correctly, but there is very little clearance between the parts to keep it from shorting out. Like Ueland said, go to the auto parts store and pick up a new one (I would look for one that was already wired. I think I saw them that way before). Good luck and pick up a few spare fuses!

Comment

Working...
        X