X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p455 code

i have a 2002 tj done body lift last week now have p455 code any ideas ? where is the carcol cansiter checked did not see anything off

check the rear corner accross from the gas filler

Comment

ok so a p455 is a large leak in your evap system, check for stuff that could have poped off and make sure all the hoses are intact.

Comment

Perform battery disconnect and reset things. Does the code return. See this code will appear when the gas cap is off and the key stays on. ODBII requires the system to perform and update on the evap system every 90 sec.
        If the ck eng lite and code doesnt come back. Then your ok. If it does, then you need to look back around the gas tank and all vac and gas filler hoses, closely. Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks for the info im worried about the code i cleared it another question is i dont know where the canister is .is it on top of the gas tank or on the side i think if it was a hose that came off it would have came on the came day that i done the lift it drives good cant tell any difference with the light on cant think that its going to hurt anything on done the lift on friday came on monday i also checked the gas cap it was a little loose

Comment

Most of the time when a code like

that came into the shop. It was the owner filling up with gas and either had the key on to listen to the radio or the vehicle was still running keeping it cool/warm inside. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X