Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tarus fan was too thick to even come close to fitting in my Jeep with the 258. I dont know why, but it always seemed like other people had more room between their mechanical fans and radiators that I did. (I think it was about 3/8")

Comment

As far as fitting the original fan to get clearance, I had the same problem when I went with a 3 core radiator. I did find that the 258 had 3 or 4 different water pumps. the difference mainly being the height of the mounting flange for the fan.

I had about a 1/4" of clearance but after hitting a few snow banks (I plow snow so I wasn't stupid) and clipping open the top of my radiator. it was time to look into the problem.

That's whe I discovered the different water pumps. I went with a water pump with the lowest mounting flange and added a couple of shims for cleance of the pulley to the pump. Yes, there is a selection of pulleys also but those are harder to find. In the end my belt are perfectly aligned now and I have about 3/4" clearance between the stock 4 blade fan and my radiator.

I would still recomend persuing an electric fan install anyway. I'm heading in that direction myself but I have more room for installing one. I was suprised at the amount of energy it eats up turning a fan when it's not needed.

I also have a 4WD tub and Fenders on a AFW frame like yours but I have a stock steel hood and grill and I also have a gap like you do in your other post.

Comment

John,

Can you send me or post some pics of your tubs/fenders/hood etc?

Thx

Comment

I'll snap some tonight covering some of the areas your talking about.

Comment

Here's my fan setup.
            http://cj7.jeeplabs.com/images/Elect...s/DSC02305.JPG

Comment

nice looking set up yallajacket, but he has a 258 a whole different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1tuffcj View Post
                nice looking set up yallajacket, but he has a 258 a whole different animal.
                Thanks!
                Yeah, I know. I just wanted to get a pic in there.

Comment

Originally posted by YellaJacket View Post
                  Thanks!
                  Yeah, I know. I just wanted to get a pic in there.
                  Well you did and it detected a dip in my T1 bandwidth when it loaded your picture.

Nice jeep anyway.

Comment

Here's a few pictures of my flexilite install.

Comment

Damn those pic's are small. Mines on a 258 though.

If anyone can make those bigger and repost, go ahead. I can't from where I am and can't click on them to make them bigger.

High5
                      Last edited by High5; 01-25-2008, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I order the fan. Should be here in a few days. I called around locally for prices and they where all around $450.00+ I found this site, just thought I would share it....free shipping too!

http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...ns&universal=0

Comment

Originally posted by CAD1976 View Post
                          I order the fan. Should be here in a few days. I called around locally for prices and they where all around $450.00+ I found this site, just thought I would share it....free shipping too!

http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...ns&universal=0
                          Just a tip on the install. The wires from the fans came to center and ran down to the bottom of the fan housing. That was out of the box. When bringing it home from the paint shop one of the wires came a little loose and was cut in two by the belt pulley. This spring I will turn the whole fan setup over which will require pulling the upper rad. hose.This will get the wires up and out of the way.

Comment

Retail,

thx. Mine will actually have to a be a "pusher" and be located between the radiator and the front grille.....just not enough room in the engine.....hopefully my bumper will disguise it.......

Comment

Working...
                            X