Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason i ask is because i travel back and forth to and from school on back roads out in the middle of nowhere.

but don't really know if i need a permit for that??????

and also to see just how many do actually carry incase i ever meet anyone on here

Comment

dont want to steal the thread but anybody know age to legally get the permit? i live in texas if it makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarlandg
        dont want to steal the thread but anybody know age to legally get the permit? i live in texas if it makes a difference.
        dont know if it's nationwide but its 21 in louisiana, (another words can't buy a pistol until 21)

but i think u can buy a shotgun at 18,

but i don't think it's to reasonable to get a permit if ur goin to carry around a shotgun

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's 21 in Texas, I know that you can't buy ammo until then. I'm gonna get mine soon. $75 covers test, permitting, everything. Don't really need one 'cause I carry large sums of cash in the fastfood biz.

Comment

South of the Mason-Dixon line

Not real sure about this but I hear that in most of the Northern States your permit will automatically be denied if you have a Confererate Flag anywhere on or around you.

Comment

I'm contrent with my manhood without a gun.

Comment

Manhood......... hahaha, good one.

Comment

BOP =

BOP

Comment

Originally posted by kingchip
                    I'm pretty sure it's 21 in Texas, I know that you can't buy ammo until then. I'm gonna get mine soon. $75 covers test, permitting, everything. Don't really need one 'cause I carry large sums of cash in the fastfood biz.
                    18 if military or 21 otherwise. I checked out the packing site and it is full of very interesting information. Although around the Fort Hood area I can't get it done for less than $140. Maybe I'll move to your neck of the woods Kingchip.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
                      I'm contrent with my manhood without a gun.
                      HEHEHEHEHE laughed the crowd gathered around his dead body then someone said, "Guess he should have brought something besides his manhood to a gun fight". J/K brother. Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes and I respect that.

Comment

Easy, LYKOS, easy.....down boy......go easy man, don't let him get ya nuts Jeepkreep.....
                        A few reasons Jeeps are better than ***

1. A woman will ride a Jeep

2. It's legal to put your Jeep in the crusher when it's outlived it's usefullness

3. If your Jeep makes too much noise you can always put a muffler on it

4. Jeeps look good with their tops off

5. You can turn a Jeep off
                        Last edited by Jeepkreep; 05-15-2006, 07:47 PM.

Comment

in illinois your lucky they dont make u register your manhood.
                          we are barely allowed to carry pocket knives.

Comment

NJ is a may issue state:

that being said they may issue you a permit if you can bring moses or Jesus in person with you at the time you apply. The state feels that ordinary civi's like you and I are not capable to be responsible enough to carry concealed. As a matter of fact;
                            • You have to apply for and posses a NJ firearms ID card before you can buy any pistol ammo or ANY firearm. [cost, $60 ]
                              once you obtain a Firearms ID card, and reach 21, you can apply for a pistol purchase permit.
                              A permit is REQUIRED for each handgun. 2 guns, 2 permits.... [cost for your first permit, $40 ][$2.00 for each after that, no matter the amount ]
                            A PD can wait up to 60 day to isue a permit.
                            then you go to the store...whooooodoggy, I'm ready to buy!!!!!
                            Now you pay $15.00 to the NJSP for a NICS backround check.

So essentially, you've been
                            1. checked with the ID card
                            2. Checked with the permit.
                            3. Checked with the yellow Fed slip you fill out with any purchase
                            and checked again with NICS to see if any of the above NJ bureaus are lying.

And you still cannot carry......

Unless your a cop, a cop, a cop, a jeweler, or have a "High risk profession". like a cop.

I've taken many numerous classes in concealed, weapons retention, weapons control, am a NRA qualified pistol instructor in both safety and combat shooting, as well as rifle/shotgun.....don't mean diddly.....

So I carry on vacation in VT, where the ONLY gun law is "don't commit a crime with one, or you'll guarantee jail time".

Now, as an out-a-stata, I can go to PA buy a hunting licence, and for 5-10 bucks more get a handgun carry permit that'll allow me to carry a handgun while hunting.

NJ and you, disarmed together.

Comment

Originally posted by 1980amccj7
                              in illinois your lucky they dont make u register your manhood.
                              we are barely allowed to carry pocket knives.
                              I heard that it's even worse in Chicago. I heard that if they catch you with any trace of manhood, they lock you in jail with Bubba until it's gone forever.

Well, that's what I heard...

Comment

I have a WV permit, and am soon to apply for an out of state permit from Florida. From what I've seen, more states honor Florida's permit than most any other. Once I have the Fla permit, I'll be able to legally carry in PA, WV, and OH.

Oh, and I usually carry my Charles Daly .45acp, but occaisionally carry my Kimber.

Comment

Working...
                                X