Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 industrial Willys L134 ,potential engine for a jeep?

hi my gfs dad gave me this engine from his old generator,the engine works ,im just wandering if it could be used as a car engine because it would be so cool to do it.....it says us army in the front and the date it says may 1952...can anyone tell me if its a lot of trouble putting in a car converting the tranny etc....

Simple. Just set it in the back and adapt an electric motor to the transmission. You might want to refer to some Red Green episodes.

Comment

it would prolby work in an old willys pickup or older military jeep.

Comment

what do yuo mean by red green ep? and set it in the back and adapt an electric motor....i wanna use this engine for a jeep

Comment

Check out thecj2apage.com there sill be lots of help there.

Comment

Red Green...thats funny

Comment

Love the Red Green show! Whatta hoot!

Seriously tho, I have been told by many old-timers, No, do NOT use an industrial engine for an automotive application.

The reason is that industrial engines are designed to run at a single, low RPM for extended periods of time. Auto engines are designed to run at variable RPM's. An industrial engine will blow up from the revs during acceleration.

I could be wrong, but thats what I've heard from many an old industrial mechanic. I did a Google on it and found nothing.

Comment

thanks ill probably keep it for show .....

Comment

Convert an old Jeep to electric and rebuild the generator to recharge the batteries! I'd love to do that myself!

Comment

I have a old 40's willys engine some one gave me that they used for a generator. Needs s carb.

Comment

Working...
                    X