X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backspacing question???

ok backspacing issue here, to start off i have bushwacker flare (6in.), and had 15x10s, with 4in backspacing with 31s 10.50.... and everything was good besides the bubbling of the tire, and it was even flush with the flare....

so i took my stock rims and had them powered coated, but there sitting in the flender to much,

so another words the question is what backspacing do i need to have a 15x8, fit flush with the flare.....??????????

Corona...

...you been drinkin' again?

http://www.4wd.com/kyoung_4wdforums/...ad.php?t=13876

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
      DAM U CAUGHT THE TATER!!!!

LOL!

but i'm still lost because i need it out 6in, due to the flares???

anyone?

Comment

I'd say you need 4" of BS. (sounds funny) If you're using the same tires, the width didn't change enough to notice when you put them on the stock rims. As long as the tire width didn't change, the amount of BS will remain the same.
        Hmm...and I thought I had noticed an increase in the amount of BS around here. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by kudzu69
          I'd say you need 4" of BS. (sounds funny) If you're using the same tires, the width didn't change enough to notice when you put them on the stock rims. As long as the tire width didn't change, the amount of BS will remain the same.
          Hmm...and I thought I had noticed an increase in the amount of BS around here. Go figure.
          Thanks kuduz, but wouldn't u think it'd be different goin from 15x10 to 15x8???

Comment

Oh man, I'm getting dizzy trying to figure this one out. Maybe you need 2" of BS. Fawk it!! Take the damn flares off!

Comment

Oh man, I'm getting dizzy trying to figure this one out. Maybe you need 2" of BS. Fawk it!! Take the damn flares off!

UR NOT THE ONLY ONE!

and can't take the flares off since i had to drill for them......and it's a daliy driver, so have to have the flares

Comment

15x10

well all the rims we have here at 4wd are 3.75 bs so Id say to clear a 6in flare u'd need some 15x10s with 3.75 bs. HOWEVER I would highly discourage this rim with those 10.5 tires being their only .5 inches wider than the rim Especially if ur taking that baby off road at all cause u run a higher risk of blowing a bead at aired down situations.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the correct answer is 2". I was originally thinking about the inner side of the tire because usually rim questions are about the tires rubbing the springs or control arm. To keep the outside in the same place, relative to the flares, you need to decrease the BS the same as the width difference of the tires. At least that's how it looks when I drew it on a post-it note, lol.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the correct answer is 2". I was originally thinking about the inner side of the tire because usually rim questions are about the tires rubbing the springs or control arm. To keep the outside in the same place, relative to the flares, you need to decrease the BS the same as the width difference of the tires. At least that's how it looks when I drew it on a post-it note, lol.
                    thanks for thinkin bout it, and i'm thinkin 2in too, but do u know even if i can't get a custom backspacing at 2in.??

and would it be alright or cause to much stress on the joints??

if not i guess i'll have to do a little trial and error

Comment

wheel spacers come in two inch thickness'.

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR
                        wheel spacers come in two inch thickness'.
                        yea but there also , 50-60 a piece where i can get new rims for that price

Comment

But I thought you wanted to use the stock rims?
                          I wouldn't run that much BS, but that's just me.

Comment

But I thought you wanted to use the stock rims?
                            I wouldn't run that much BS, but that's just me.
                            i had the stock rims powder coated but the back spacings screwed, thats why i'm trying to figure it out,

most likey i'll order some cragers as close as i can and just put a 1/4 or 1/2 spacer???

what yall think???

Comment

Ok just wanted to see what u guys thought of this

31 10.50s or 11.50, on cragar soft 8, in a 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing, would u think it'll clear the bushwacker flares???????

to clear up another post, the rims that are on there were like 5 1/2 to 6in backspacing thats why it's in the fender so much...

Comment

Working...
                              X