X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeepkreep's brand new TJ

Well after the run around at the bank trying to get my own money out :x Here's my new TJ...
    she's an SE--------> 4 cyllie, 5 speed, stripped! The only options I got were the back seat and floor mats! Got her this way so I could add the goodies I want, rather than the factories ideas :g
    The tires on there now aren't much good for kreepin' but in time I'm thinkin' 31's and Black wagon wheels and a 2" lift!

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL54/6...7/20581664.jpg

Got a great deal thru Crutchfield [ who can be VERY $$$$] on a Blaupunct and 4 speakers, so that's this weekends project----> gotta have tunes!

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL54/6...7/20581638.jpg

It's my first Jeep, but it WILL NOT be my last.....

"it's a Jeep thing, you would'nt understand....." well now I understand!!! :bow:

Chris~
    [/img]

Nice. Very Nice. Can't wait to see if with more goodies

Comment

Thanks Magoo!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

I like it! Can't wait to see more pics once you throw the goodies on it.

Comment

I just put a Clarion cd player/FM in and 4 speakers...HOORAY ...I sucked for 3 weeks without tunes
            Got some nice chrome fog lights from work [borrowed] and plan on a bikini top this summer :yum

Tires, rims and a body lift are a definite in the future; I'm gonna be cheap and run the cheezy 215's into the ground B4 I buy 5 black Rock Crawlers and some MT/R's or BFG AT's.... Now, what size??? I thought 31, nuthin' too radical with a little 4 cyllie! :tooth:

Thanks,
            Chris~

Comment

Don't the 03's have 4.56 gears from the factory? Lucky you!!!!!!!

Comment

Lead;
                My window sticker says 4:11's.

The last time I owned a car with 4:11's it was a 1969 Mustang mach 1 with the Super cobra jet 428 :rock

Now, most times you end up with wimpy 3:07's or worse
                This little 4 cyllie really gets up and moves! My last truck was a 1990 Bronco with a 351. Great engine, but crappy rear! 3:56 This is my first Jeep---> I'm hooked! :bn:

Chris~

Comment

nice find man

Comment

Originally posted by LeadFoot
                    Don't the 03's have 4.56 gears from the factory? Lucky you!!!!!!!
                    4.56 in the automatics (Overdrive now!!)

Comment

I've done a few add ons;

Diamond Plate corners that a buddy powder coated in metal flake...
                      http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL54/6...0/24900018.jpg

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL54/6...0/24899990.jpg

Tail lamp guards and a two way radio [fire dept]
                      http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL54/6...0/24900000.jpg

Tires and rims sooooon!!![/img]

Comment

nice rear end! how'd the install go on the corners? i don't like drillin' to much on the sheet metal.

Comment

nice lookin...i like the corners, as xycwhateverhisnameis said how was the install, was it too hard? i want to get a set of them.

Comment

looks good kreep! i like it :t

Comment

They are easy to do, just time consuming.
                              1. Remove the tail lamps and License plate holder [TJ]
                              2. Wipe down the area that'll be covered with laquer thinner or rubbing alcohol to remove any wax. This will help step 3.
                              3. I applied black silicone on the back on the diamond plate [Ueland's idea] to seal out water/moisture. The silicone will not adhere to waxed areas.
                              4. carefully press the diamond plate in place and re-install the tail lamps. Leave the bolts loose in case you have to adjust the "squareness".
                              5. Mine came with rivets, but I guess you could use bolts:
                              Starting at the rear, drill thru the diamond plate and body, install rivet to hold in place to the body. Work your way forward with the rivets until you secure the perimeter if the plating.
                              6. I then sealed the seam created between the body and the plating with silicone also. This will ensure that no water will get trapped behind the plate and rust.
                              7. Secure the tail lamps and install lenses.
                              8. Go 4 wheelin' :bn: :bn: :bn:

Don't be afraid of the job; the worst part was drilling holes in my new Jeep! Turned out nice though....
                              Chris~

Comment

Working...
                              X