X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuuum hoses

I have a 1980 cj5 with the 258 inline six with a Carter BBD Carb. I thought I would tackle the vacuum hoses for I am not sure if they are hook up correctly since the are a couple of them hanging loose with no where to hook up to get vacuum. I have two different manual's. One is an American Motor Jeep manual and the other is a Chilton. Neither really shows a detail drawing of the vacuum system and nothing close to as many hoses that I have around the engine.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Last edited by mheff; 11-20-2006, 01:35 AM.

Which engine? Carb? Intake?

Comment

It's the inline six. 258. I must have gotten in a hurry. Thanks

Comment

There have been a bunch of these questions posted lately. I think everyone has the same problems lately. Try the search function for "vacuum lines" or "vacuum diagram".

This is one good link I found for you using the search.

http://home.sprynet.com/%7Edale02/list.htm

Comment

Thanks, the site looks like a good one.

Comment

thx

good info on those sights I am also triing to tackle vac problems lol

Comment

Great info on that site!! I used that and some others when I did the "nutter bypass" Couldn't figure out what/where the stepper motor was/went. Seems one of the P.O.'s swapped carbs, but didn't do the bypass. Now it's done, and even w/a carter BBD (without stepper motor) it's like having a whole new engine! The gains in horspower and smoothness are unbelievable!! The AMC site had great pics and diagrams, definatly worth bookmarking. Ramble, ramble,ramble.... can't spell striaght, time for bed!

Comment

John Strenk posted these vaccuum diagrams (thank you john) for me the other day and my jeep has gone from running horribly to purring like a kitty cat at 500 RPM if i want...the vacuum work was done after the nutter bypass of course...but your '80 CJ doesnt have an ECM so..anyway here's the two diagrams he gave me...i wanted to go with the first one but ended up using a hybrid with the evap can still hooked and im going to test tommorow to see if i should have my canister purge hooked to my PCV out...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...vacuumdiag.jpg

on this one you need to hook the PCV air out to the larger mainfold port closest to the valve cover and not the smaller one...right?...im still wondering if i should have my canister purge hooked to my PCV out but it runs like a dream so...
                http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...cuumdiag-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X