X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Desert, CA

Anyone know of any intermediate trails in or around Palm Desert, CA. I am headed there this weekend with my jeep and want to get out and play a bit. Thanks for your responses

I don't know any off the top of my head but go to a book store and look for
    "Guide To Southern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" (I'm not sure who it's by). It gives each trail a rating, points out obstacles, how long it will take, what you should bring (for that trail), points of intrest and so on.
    I wish I could be more help but I can't find my copy, Think I left it at a buddys house...Good luck and have fun.

Comment

One word:
      TRUCKHAVEN!!!!
      From Palm Desert head east on the 10, then south on the 86 and at N. Marina Dr. make a right. Go through the houses (they're new so I don't exactly know what you'll be looking at) until you hit dirt and then have fun - the land is a maze of twisty, tight, technical trails, and it is privately owned by someone who does not care who wheels on it. Last I heard it was still open - if it's not keep on down the 86 and you'll see signs to "Ocotillo Wells" - that's a state vehicular rec area and I know it will be open.

Another option is to contact "LilRyRy" on this board - he lives in that general vicinity.

Comment

In palm desert im not 100% sure, I know there are a few sand dunes on the side of highway 10, and trails that are in the Idywild area. Im sure there has to be something down there though. I would honestly take an hour drive to come up the hill to Johnson valley for some wheeling, it will be about 10 degrees cooler and there are an infine amount of trails up there to run.

You could also head into Yucca Valley (my town) and head the back way to big bear, they have a map at the local california visitors center. It will be even cooler up at that elevation, and the trails are AWESOME up there. Speaking of which I wanna get back on the trails...guess I gotta get back to work on the grand now...

Comment

Working...
        X