X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer making

It seems that better than 90 percent of ya'll drink beer. How many make their own? I had to stop since I am diabetic and my wife thought that 30 gallons at a time was way too much.So now I sneak around and buy different stuff to make me happy. IT'S SUMMER....MAKE A PALE ALE..

I once made my own. It was alright, but one night I heard an explosion. All my beer blew their tops in the garage. 10 mini brewers (10 gallons total) all blew up. I wonder what I did wrong!

Now I stick to Guiness

Comment

Originally posted by 47driver
      I once made my own. It was alright, but one night I heard an explosion. All my beer blew their tops in the garage. 10 mini brewers (10 gallons total) all blew up. I wonder what I did wrong!

Now I stick to Guiness
      Sorry dude but I lmao! Made me think about when my mom and dad tried making their own wine. This was in the late '70's or very early '80's. It was made with a powdered mix. A couple bottles busted open (in the house) and man was it RANK!! Smelled like a skunk fartin rotten grapes! Nasty!!!

Comment

Done a bunch in my day.

I used to make a ton. I have not made any since we moved though. Man, I think it has been five years. Now I have to start digging out the masher.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLander
          I used to make a ton. I have not made any since we moved though. Man, I think it has been five years. Now I have to start digging out the masher.
          Ed, if you make a good batch, I'll even break down and sample one.

Comment

I made it for about 2 years when I lived in the Bay area...it was fun for a little while, and even a novelty to my friends, but like everything got old. I used a kit at first and then got my own stuff but it was sort of hit or miss once I went on my own. You could really spend some cash too. I realize it's easier to buy a Sierrra Pale ale or something and just drink...

Comment

Big Mike is right. There are only so many hobbies a guy can have. Between work, Jeep, reloading for shooting, playing with the kids, shooting, remodeling the house, being deployed every other year, dating my wife, and now riding the Harley (when I get home), there just isn't much time for another hobby. Beer is so easily purchased at the store on the way home, and I can't figure out how to make my own Guiness.

And it is so messy when it blows up in the garage.

Comment

i'm going to stick with the good ole Keystone- from the local carryout. home beer brew'n is tough- BUT wine's and some white lighting now and then is good. I helped my grandfather (when i was too young to drink it) make cherry, grape, peach, dandalion wine, heck he would use just bout anything that would ferment.

Comment

Before I moved I was brewing 21 gallons per week. Still got most of the equipment. Been thinking of starting back up. The only pain was washing all the bottles every week. got a big book of recipes.

Comment

my brother-in-law makes his own beer and wine. i tried it one time, tasted like he strained it through his wife's old pantyhose then let it soak in an old pair of workboots for a week. that stuff was nasty. he either doesn't know what he's doing or he just doesn't like me and gave me some "special" brew for unwanted relatives. his brothers and his dad love the stuff ('cause it's free). a little miller high life or some gentleman jack work just fine for me. at least i know where that stuff has been.

Comment

COWARD...don't you know that they used fuel from torpedoes in WW2 to make a brew.Just because they went blind and died is no excuse to make some homebrew.

Comment

I've been brewing my own for a while. I know what you mean about too many hobbies.

Comment

Used to,but I think I probably drink about 2-300 gallons a year and it'd be too hard to keep up brewing myself.
                          Then there's the whiskey.....
                          Ask Bret,he'll tell you.

Ragg

Comment

I have a couple buddies that make some awesome home brew, Donny's taste like Coors Lite (he probably take the labels off and tells me he does it) and Mike make a dark Guiness style, both really good for home brew.

Comment

Hey I like the old tv show MASH.Anybody know how to make a simple...and I mean SIMPLE still to make gin?Just think about it...sit next to a small still and make gin in your shop.Aged for at least 2-3 minutes.Perfect for making momma look good....come here you nasty wench.Hey if the feds get after you then you claim it's an alternative fuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X