X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" Body lift ??? Need some answers!!!

I got a 2" B.B. and a set of 33's on black steels. I know I need more room for the 33's to move but will I really get enough with a 1" body lift. I have a set of JKS disconnects too, and I just can't see a 1" helping that much. Iknow an inch really matters but would'nt a 2" be just right for me. I alwayd wondered why everyone says a 1" . Is there a good reason not to use a 2". Just needing some input so I can decide which way to go.

Originally posted by Jeep Rebel
    I got a 2" B.B. and a set of 33's on black steels. I know I need more room for the 33's to move but will I really get enough with a 1" body lift. I have a set of JKS disconnects too, and I just can't see a 1" helping that much. Iknow an inch really matters but would'nt a 2" be just right for me. I alwayd wondered why everyone says a 1" . Is there a good reason not to use a 2". Just needing some input so I can decide which way to go.
    1" body lift seems to be the norm these days because it doesn't look as bad as the 2 and 3 inchers which leave a big gap between the frame and body. Some say 2 and 3" are not safe in a crash but i haven't heard of any stories of bodies disconnecting from the frame due to body lifts.

IMO, a two inch body lift will be fine for someone's who's on a budget. With you 2" bb and 2" body lift, you should have no problem fitting those 33's.

Comment

most people recommend a 1 inch because it can still work with the shifter, with a 2 in you are lookin at cuting the body or bending the shifter lever.

and anything over a 1inch looks FUGLY in my opinion!

Comment

Stick with the 1" or 1.25", you'll be happier in the long run.

2" have more issues to deal with.

3" of lift, and the right bump stops is a great combination with 33's. Down the road find yourself some 3" springs after the stockers wear out.

Comment

Here is what my Jeep Looked like when i had a 2" BB with my 2" BL and 33" tires. Hope this helps you see what it would look like.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/DSCN0144.jpg

Comment

Thanks guys I'll probably get the 2". it will get me the necessary room, and with my budget it fits too.

Comment

I got the 2" and its great. No real modifications to make it work although a transfercase shifter bracket is a good idea. My shifter didnt hit anything although it does shift easier without the top boot on. Now that i got my new lift though i wish i only had a 1" cuz now i got too much room but heh. No problems with the 2" so if you want it go for it.

Comment

body lift

i had to body lift my chebby 3 inches to get that huge cummins and dodge t case under there(and still had to cut out sheet metal and fab up my own)
                It looks stupid, until you hear the cummins breathe through the 5 inch exaust.

Comment

I have a 2" BL w/ 2" taller coil springs, and i had to lower my radiator shroud 2". My shifter want go in to 2nd, 4th or reverse with the console bolted down. so i'm riding with the console flopping around. I'll fix that later when i get time.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...h_100_2150.jpg

Comment

My 02 is an automatic, will I still have these problems. I think I'll have more of a problem out of the transfer case shifter. When I pull it back in 4 lo it feels like it hits solid right now. It is not the console that it's hitting either.

Comment

Working...
                    X