X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outland Ultimate Locking II Console

I may be a complete and totlay idiot, but i just got the Ultimate locking two console in from 4WD. Well i opened it this weekend and took a look. Everything is there and looks ok. But it did not come with any kind of mounting instructions, only the console and a Metal braket. How in the world does this thing mount?

After you remove the exisiting console, place the new one down to get a good "test fit". Once you get it in a position you like (beware of shifter vs. cupholder and backseat legroom) drill down through the inside of the console and into the sheet metal. After you're done drilling, bolt it up. The bracket is for the rear if I remember correctly to help space the console up from the floor so that it sits level.

Comment

When I bought mine I had the same issue, contacted smittybilt directly and they informed me that they do not supply directions with it. I got mine in a good position and then marked the back, bolted the bracket in the back/bottom and then bolted bracket to floor. dosnt move. Kinda annoyning not to get the directions though

Comment

I was really supprised that there was no instructions that came with the unit. I like to have them just to look at more than anything.

Comment

Has anyone heard the intra pod concole yet with the sub in it. I know it is twice the clams but it would be two upgrades at once depending on the sound it puts out. Is it possible to get a new tj console with the sub in it from a salvage yard could that be a cheaper alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by sparky79862
            I was really supprised that there was no instructions that came with the unit. I like to have them just to look at more than anything.
            What? You mean THATS what those pieces of paper are for when you order new stuff to put on your jeep? Ohhhh.....

Comment

I cant actually read what they say, but the picutres that come on them are fun sometimes.
              Last edited by sparky79862; 02-17-2006, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I like to install things and then read the directions, just so I can tell my wife that I dont need directions, or my way was easier.

Comment

Well i finally got around to trying to put this console in, it did not fit at all. I was really dissapointed. The intereior of my YJ is all stock. It was too wide to fit between the seats andd too long for the fold an tumble seat. I was ver dissapointed with this console.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkencitywork
                    Has anyone heard the intra pod concole yet with the sub in it. I know it is twice the clams but it would be two upgrades at once depending on the sound it puts out. Is it possible to get a new tj console with the sub in it from a salvage yard could that be a cheaper alternative?
                    I would think that the vibrations would cause everything in the console to rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky79862
                      Well i finally got around to trying to put this console in, it did not fit at all. I was really dissapointed. The intereior of my YJ is all stock. It was too wide to fit between the seats andd too long for the fold an tumble seat. I was ver dissapointed with this console.
                      I have the same console in my YJ. It will fit between the seats (although it is tight) and it is noted in almost every description of the console that it will not allow the rear seat to tumble (you did read this, right?).

I normally have my rear seat removed, so its not a problem. As far as it being tight between the seats, I recomend you to fashion a strap to hold the seat belt to the console. That way when you move the passanger seat forward and back, the seat belt will still be there.

Comment

Working...
                      X