Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source for Factory Service Manuals?

got the haynes, then the (apparently chiltons) on cd from ebay... neither is really cutting the mustard, I want the real thing.

So: where is a good reliable place to pick up the factory service manuals for a 1990 Jeep? I'm entering the final phase of replacing the engine, and it sure would come in handy for things like making sure i have the right bolts in the right places.

Thanks!

I got mine off of ebay. Just look for the real manual, not the CD or the chiltons ones.

Comment

I got mine at http://www.thejeep.net for $98. It's the original manual reprinted.

Kevin

Comment

I ordered mine from DC HQ. The service manager at the local dealer gave me the phone number; he said they had to get them the same way, and pay the same price, for each vehicle, so I was best to just call the HQ.

It was like $97 + $5-$10 shipping.

If you think they still have older ones instock, I'll try and find the number again. (Mines for a 1999, I bought it last summer, so they at least have them 6 years old)

Comment

For most models, you can find them here:
          http://www.jeepslimited.com
          (Must register. But painless enough. Free. Manual, parts lists, etc. available. How cool is that?)

Comment

I would order them directly form the factory source.
            The reprints I have seen don't cut it. For the Chrysler Jeeps you can get them directly from factory service manuals.
            I don't have any of my Chrysler manuals near me so I can't look it up.
            You can go to the Jeep dealer near you and get the phone number and address.

Comment

Factory service manuals

Hello guys, the best source for OEM manuals is:
              Faxon Auto Liturature in California
              800-458-2734

All years from 1946 to 2006 for sure.
              Reprints on most, originals on some.
              Average $50-$65 most years for service manuals

Comment

I searched online for a while and found one on CD that I bought. I would have rathered the actual book, but didn't have that much to spend on it at the time..

Comment

Working...
                X