X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Doors.........

my Jeep is a 1990 YJ that I bought used. It came with a set of full doors on it that the guy told me he bought from someone. I am trying to fix the little things up to start. The door locks and window cranks I purchased just recently do not fit. Could the doors be from a newer Jeep preventing them from fitting? Is there a way for me to tell what year the doors are?

Might be CJ-7 doors.

Comment

The window cranks do very from year or model. I have the original YJ (93) doors on mine and I also have a CJ-7 door that has a different crank then the others. I don't know why the lock doesn't fit though.I'll try to find something out.

Comment

The doors themselves seem to fit ok. Would doors from a CJ fit a YJ?

Comment

The doors as well as the hardtop are interchangeable for the CJ7 and the YJ. Is the outside handle on your door a paddle handle or a lever like door handle?

Comment

Originally posted by donmiller3
            The doors themselves seem to fit ok. Would doors from a CJ fit a YJ?
            The short answer is yes they physically will fit. I have a set of CJ 1/2 doors that work just fine. As already pointed out there are some differences in the door handles and crank mechanisms. Are you sure they are factory doors and not aftermarket?

Comment

I have no idea if they are factory or after market. I guess I could call the guy and ask him. As to what type of door handle is on the outside, I would have to say they look like a "paddle" type. Does this make a difference?

Comment

Working...
              X