X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHH, locked out

well not really...my passenger door lock is busted and stuck locked..and suggestions for fixxing this?

Is it truely broken, or just stiff from the cold weather? I'm thinking of how to disconnect the door from the door jab. The otherside is easy, you'd just have to unbolt the hinges on the door. Also, full or half door?

Comment

it is a half door...it has always been stiff...but it is possible it is worse with the cold

Comment

You should be able to mess around with the lock enough to release it if you pull the interior panel off the door if the linkage in the door lock truly is broken. Otherwise, can you park it in a heated garage over night or something to see if it's just stiff? I don't even bother locking my harddoors in the winter time.....I'm worrying about locking myself out.

Comment

yeah...i dont ever lock my doors but one of my friends did it on accident. I dont know how to get the panel off with the upper part of the door on cause last time i had the door apart i think the metal frame goes through the plastic. But i will give it a looking and maybe get a fire going out in my garage

Comment

I don't even bother locking my harddoors in the winter time.....I'm worrying about locking myself out.
            Me either, my drivers window is broken out. And the darnn inside door handle is broken too.

Comment

my ful door was somehow locked the other day and it wuld not come unlocked in the morning. once the sun cam out for a bit, it opened right up and i have had no problems.

Comment

I was headin to work at 5 in the mornin on monday and my outside handle came off the rod then i crawled through the back and tried to open the door and it popped the rod off the inside of the door....passenger door hasnt worked in a while....I had to dive through the window then crawl out it to get gas and back in with everyone watchin me.....gotta love the jeep though!

Comment

Working...
                X