Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with lots of questions yj style...

First let me say what a great help this forum has been. You guys are pretty informed and usually right on the money. With that said i have read thru and bought the most likely parts in my wish list that worked well for the majority of you yj guys....but i need help on the install i have pics and parts here goes I have recently added to my jeep family of vehicles with my 6th active jeep a wrangler yj 1995. never owned one before but i here its a whole new ball game. 2.5 4cy 5 speed ax5 4:11 front dana 35 rear. bought 4inch lift and its installed. wheewww now what about the fender flares by bushwacker? any install pics advice? front brakes are replaced with solid rotors vented and hawk pads . but what about the shocks any ideas? i want to run 31x10.50s with 15x8 any complaints or problems with this size and diameter? added headers and throttle body spacer and intake with full exhaust custom made by muwa resanded and primer and painted flat black the suspension and added grease to everything. bought boomerang shackels and reverse shackle kit and jks quick disconnects alarm with doppler and remote start. buying a sound bar friday and have the console waiting to be shipped from 4wd. any ideas on what else i might need and may have forgotten let me know and thanks again in advance
    Last edited by Y2J_white_4U2NV; 03-13-2006, 08:58 PM.

more pics

more pics of build
    Last edited by Y2J_white_4U2NV; 03-10-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

you dont need a 4" lift to run 31"s, If it was me I would go w/ 33"s on 15x10. Other wise it would look funny, not to mention no ground clearance under the 60, did you get the z boxes as well? revolvers F&R? longer spline drive shaft? Your on the right track though, here is a pic of my 91Attachment
      What about longer shocks?
      Attached Files

Comment

4:11 front dana 60 rear.
        Dana 60??? I dont see a Dana 60. I see a Dana 35 under their painted all nice and flat black.

Where in Pittsburgh you at? I'm out by the Airport in Moon TWP.

Comment

yeah still have the the dana 35 dana 60 on the way from a wagoneer thanks to nemo's help. what do i need longer shocks for? i did order the black diamonds all the way around for the 4 inch lift does that make sense is that what you were implying? your white yj looks good. what about the shackles? i only ordered fronts do i need both front and rears?
          Last edited by Y2J_white_4U2NV; 06-19-2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

no longer splines i was told i dont need them i heard the tree shake both ways....what do you think?

Comment

you can inboard the shocks, did that with my set-up they are from my old 4wd 3.5" lift kit and I'm running ~9" of lift now and I could run more and keep these shocks if I wanted too (which I dont im hella tall now)
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...p/S4021805.jpg gl with the 60, kind of overkill unless your running 35's plus imho but its ur rig

Comment

60 in a Waggy? How you find that? Where in Pittsburgh are you?

Comment

I lived in florida and my aunt has a wagoneer sitting in a barn on one of her properties my uncle checked to see if it had 60 axles just this after noon and i told him to send me pics i will get them next week when i go down to visit my brother i will make a pit stop in fl they live near tallahasse it used to be my grandfathers truck way back in the day its a mouse trap slash land mark i think it was used for a bonfire once when we were kids so i am habing them email me a pic.
                  Last edited by Y2J_white_4U2NV; 03-09-2006, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I live in moon township near the old airport you? oh yeah and did anyone else trim there body when they put those extended fender flares on? if you look in my pic i have tons of sheet metal lying around under neath there. and where are the rust trouble spots? i looked under the dash and firewall and in my rear corners but on the surface saw nothing thru the top or bottom should i chip away the paint and see if its underneath there ?
                    Last edited by Y2J_white_4U2NV; 03-09-2006, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2J_white_4U2NV
                      I lived in florida and my aunt has a wagoneer sitting in a barn on one of her properties my uncle checked to see if it had 60 axles just this after noon and i told him to send me pics i will get them next week when i go down to visit my brother i will make a pit stop in fl they live near tallahasse it used to be my grandfathers truck way back in the day its a mouse trap slash land mark i think it was used for a bonfire once when we were kids so i am habing them email me a pic.
                      Sounds like a D44 to me...unless it had FF hubs.

Comment

I live in moon township near the old airport you?
                        I live in Moon Township. Actually Glenn Willard/Crescent TWP. It is right over the hill from you. Less than 2 minutes.

Sounds like a D44 to me...unless it had FF hubs.
                        Ditto, They put 60s in the Rear of J20s but thats pretty much the closest a Waggy ever got to a 60. Me personally, if it was a 60, I would ditch the 60 and get 44s. With the ground clearance you lose with a 60, you need 36s or bigger to make it worth it. And a Rear D44 will hold to 37s/38s in a YJ.

A 60 diff cover looks very similiar to a D44 diff cover. The D44 diff cover is smaller, thats pretty much the only appearance differance. The other way to tell is, you use a 1/2in wrench to take off the diff cover bolts on a D44 and use a 9/16 on a D60

Comment

oh yeah and did anyone else trim there body when they put those extended fender flares on?
                          You don't HAVE to trim out your old fenders, but why wouldn't you? Are you trying to make room for bigger tires, or just be gay?

Comment

i wanted to start with a base platform get it road worthy then move up from there so i have a basis to go on. also where i am at they crack down hard on wheels that stick outside your fenders. my brothers f350 has 36 dick cepek tires on it with 6.5 inches of lift and he got fined 30 dollars for every inch he was protruding all the way around i didnt want to make the same mistake. also before i joined the forum local he say she say comments told me 31's were the biggest i could go now i know better. so i think 33' or 35's with mods down the road definitely have to have a motor swap though i only have a rebuilt 4cyc so i dont want to apply the wrong parts and break it before i can even enjoy it.

Comment

k what about lockers?

what does the board recommend for lockers? both cheap and inexpensive and any pro's and cons on either would be nice please

Comment

Working...
                              X