Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oem parts over aftermarket ? what works?

anyone use crossdrilled rotors for the front of their wranglers?
    i was wondering if they would last longer and resist getting dirty. i was figuring if i go in a mud puddle or trail with water it would be easier to clean out after they cool down versus regular vented rotors. anyone have a prefrence over semi metallic or ceramic ? any work better than others...?
    i also wanted to know if upgrading my fuel pump will help any i was told by a service mang at jeep that the 4cyc wranglers run a litle lean so i was thinking a regulator and a better pump while i was at it?

Crossdrilled rotors aren't recommended for vehicles that see deep mud

Comment

Originally posted by LeadFoot
      Crossdrilled rotors aren't recommended for vehicles that see deep mud
      why? just cuz rocks get stuck in there and eat up your pads faster and gaurantee you will get cracks in the rotor... thats nothing. lol

Comment

i would stay with semi metalic pads. if you go ceramic, you'll need to change rotors. are you doing some high speed braking? if not, you don't need high speed pads/rotors. save the money for a worth while mod.

for the gas, adjust the float, make sure your fuel filter is clean and that your carb is tuned properly in general and you'll get pleanty of fuel.

Comment

Working...
        X