X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft top question

Hey, newbie to forum and Jeeps, I promise no bad attitude. I have an '87 Wrangler with hard top, I was wondering if anyone knows if a soft top with hardware from a '93 Wrangler will fit. For some reason I noticed in most aftermarket catalogs they don't list soft tops for the '87. Thank you in advance for your help.

MMy questionwould be, what kind of a soft top is it? When i ordered my Besttop Super Top, it was for all Yj's from 87-95 and i think even CJ-7's. I would think that it would fit. But knowing what brand it is would help. I would say yes though.

Comment

you will need a different windshield channel but yes it will work....

Comment

I think the other difference is how it attaches to the tub. Didn't the 87's snap onto the tub like cj's? This shouldn't be too hard to remedy though. I would think that if you got the rail channels from a newer YJ and put them on, it should fit. Someone jump in if I'm wrong, though.

Comment

I am pretty sure the only difference is the windsheild channel. I know they didn't snap to the tub like the older CJ's but they are pretty similar if not identical to the 93 style.

Scrambler

Comment

It is a Besttop and appears to be a replacement as of the last couple of years, It's in nice shape. I guess I'll go ahead and purchase. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X