Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
anyone use these? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone use these?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...48339894QQrdZ1


    i was thinkin bout pickin these up and putin them on my front bumper (stock) for the M&G. imnot gonan have enough money to get a good bumper... let me know what you think.....

  • #2
    Well lt bolts into the framrail in the back. If you were to put them on your front bumper then you would only be bolting them to a thin piece of metal and would probably rip them off.

    Ryan

    Comment


    • #3
      I likey...would help me with basics so I can get on the trail long befor I could save up for aftermarket bumber

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lil ry ry
        Well lt bolts into the framrail in the back. If you were to put them on your front bumper then you would only be bolting them to a thin piece of metal and would probably rip them off.

        Ryan
        No, it doesn't bolt to the frame rail. It bolts to the crossmember, which is worse than the stock front bumper.

        Comment


        • #5
          why not try something like this http://www.4wd.com/newsite/shop/prod...asp?pid=505505 it attaches to the frame rails and is about the same price

          Comment


          • #6
            No, it doesn't bolt to the frame rail. It bolts to the crossmember, which is worse than the stock front bumper.
            It's tough to say only because thats all that aftermarket rear bumpers attach to

            What ever happened to using tow hooks up front??

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YJBeef
              It's tough to say only because thats all that aftermarket rear bumpers attach to

              What ever happened to using tow hooks up front??
              Any decent rear bumper will take use of side wings and bolt to the frame, and also the two frame tie in's directly under the frame. There is already a welded nut inside the frame. If your just gonna use those lame bolt holes on the crossmember, you might as well attach the tow strap to the bumperettes.

              Comment


              • #8
                weld them to ur front bumper that is your best bet and even then I dunno, but like leadfoot said the rear crossmember is not much unless you bolt it into the frame tie-ins and have metal pieces that go on the back of the crossmember.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LeadFoot
                  Any decent rear bumper will take use of side wings and bolt to the frame, and also the two frame tie in's directly under the frame. There is already a welded nut inside the frame. If your just gonna use those lame bolt holes on the crossmember, you might as well attach the tow strap to the bumperettes.
                  Personally, I just welded all my tie in points on the bumper to the frame, but the "normal" installation directions don't say that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mud_slinga
                    weld them to ur front bumper that is your best bet and even then I dunno, but like leadfoot said the rear crossmember is not much unless you bolt it into the frame tie-ins and have metal pieces that go on the back of the crossmember.
                    Welding them to a stock front bumper would be pointless. The thick 3/4" steel is nothing if the material its being welded to is paper thin. You might as well save $10 and save the costs of welding by just using bolt on tow hooks on the front.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Front tow hooks I used Chevy factory hooks. I had them in my garage and they bolted up to the YJ with no alterations.

                      But, YJ tow hooks are cheap. So may as well just buy them.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X