X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 YJ 2.5 upgrades

my 92 YJ has a 2.5 liter 4 banger to get more performance out of her i have installed cold air intake, msd ignition, msd coil, new wires, throttle body, banks header, free flow cat converter, magniflow exaust. She runs real strong for a 4 banger but has anybodyy messed eith the injuctors, upgrading the cam, etc. if there is any advice out there please let me know

try 4bangerjp.com

Comment

I believe clifford performance does stuff like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by OWOWOWaka69
        my 92 YJ has a 2.5 liter 4 banger to get more performance out of her i have installed cold air intake, msd ignition, msd coil, new wires, throttle body, banks header, free flow cat converter, magniflow exaust. She runs real strong for a 4 banger but has anybodyy messed eith the injuctors, upgrading the cam, etc. if there is any advice out there please let me know

I don't want to sound negative, but if you really want to get significantly more hp, you're either going to have to replace the engine or put a supercharger on, neither is done with the 4 bangers very often because it's cheaper, easier, and more reliable to sell it and get a 6. Remember that even if you can get more hp into your engine, the rest of the vehicle isn't built up along with it, so factor those costs into a conversion as well.

good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Comment

4 banger upgrades

whats up everybody? hope you all are doing well. thanks for the responses, now to add to my situation a few things have come into play. I just bought a 93 YJ from a buddie of mine that has a 6 banger in it, spring over conversion, 33" tires, on board air, on board welder, dana 44's front and rear, basically it is set up for trail use and the body shows this. With this YJ he also threw in 2 dana 44's extra they just need to be rebuilt.
          so on my 92 YJ basically it is pretty done up. i guess you experienced 4x4ers would consider it a bling bling ride. i really dont care what people think because i have always dreamed of a jeep like this and now i have one. its the vehical i have always wanted my whole life and to say the least shes beautiful. as we all know the power is much to be desired but i want this jeep to be unique. seems everybody has an v-8, or a 6 stroker, or even a 6 but you rarely see a 4 banger that is pumped up and pumped up right. i do understand that the drive line is not going to be strong enough but if i throw those extra dana 44's in wont i be able to stick with the np231 transfewr case? and will the tranny(5 speed) hold up? in the long run i know it wont but if i were to supercharge her the power if controlled (by my foot pressure on the gas pedal) the drive line should hold up right? now remember i now have the 93 YJ to beat out on the trail.
          with that said and lets assume im leaning towards a supercharger what has to be done to the engine to keep it reliable? The motor has 37,288 origional miles on it. with the things i have already done to it it does run great even with the 35 i have on. now the gearing helped with that problem alot. my main concern is to keep it reliable and at the same time make her very unique. i know some of you very experienced people out there might laugh but i think i want to make her a show car but a drivable show car. as i said i have dreamed of a vehical like this, one that is bad *** and looks bad *** well im almost there just not quite (are we ever there?)
          please keep an opened mind if you respond with information to help get me there and even if a jeep is a driven show jeep it can only help promote this great jeep life style.
          thanks for reading and sorry if i talked your ears off

Comment

www.4bangerjp.com now there are a couple guys on there that have done it and everyone on that site has a 4banger...congrats on the trail rig..best of both worlds

Comment

Working...
            X