X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

I've been puling my boat and putting it in the water at a prety steep ramp and every thing seemed ok. Yesterday without the boat I pulled up at a stop light and nothing happened...no gears at all...nothing. Clutch went out with no warning. Can't find a real heavy duty clutch....is there one for a 4 banger that will take the load of a boat on a really regular basis ? 95 2.5 manual with a few mods. Boat is 15ft. dual batteries and a 40hp with tilt and trim. I'd hate to have one fail on a steep boat ramp. My jeep can't swim worth a damn.

I don't think a jeep could take that on a regular basis, imho but I would get a ce nterforce clutch and take the weights out so you dont have the clamping but a centerforce should be a little heavier then stock I would imagine.

Comment

I would stick to oem clutch. all the other weak points in jeeps (trans, axles, ect) don't need the extra strain of a hi performance clutch. use 4L to get out of boat ramp and save your clutch. just my 2 cents

topless in tacoma

Comment

my opinion i pulled my cherokee with my white yj just fri-i have spicer u-joints
        a ram clutch and stock axles its not a boat but its kinda heavy and i live on a steep hill it seemed to do great no huge strain but that was one time. henschal and sons in connellsville pa can help you with your clutch problem they have better than oem clutches but not stage 4's at the same time. remeber you should have heavy duty stuff for your driveshafts if you want the reliability and our host sell the spicers for 17 bucks. so about your total investment 400 and an afternoon and imho you'd be happy boating all the time if your not looking to use 4wd all the time to ramp it. oh make sure you do a good job bleding your slave cylinder

Comment

Working...
        X