X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yj lift

hey everyone, im just wondering about a lift for an 87 yj. i found a very well priced compleat kit from rusty offroad ($460.00 compleat) do any of you have this 4 inch lift and is it any good? im new to offroading and dont do much extream wheeling yet, would it be a good starter kit?
    Last edited by greg_d; 04-30-2006, 04:31 PM.

I had the 4wd 3.5" lift kit and with 33's it is a good weekend warrior set-up just put in some lockers and you will have a good time and when/if you get into offroading more seriously just put on a body lift and do a belly up and you will get even more clreance and help with your brakeover angles. I did not see a drop pitman arm in the list of parts with the kit you might want to get one of those as well.. Personally I would just get the 4wd 4.5" lift kit, comes with everything I even think it comes with boomerang shackles? which with the military wrap you will need, plus boomerangs give you better flex.

Comment

I've owned my YJ for a year and a half now. Bought it stock and last July I put on the Skyjacker 4" lift with 33's and I love it. I do rub once in a while in the rear and saving up for pocket flares. Drive it daily 30 miles each way to work. Would suggest this kit to people but I am new also. I would also buy the Hi-Lift because it sucks blocking up your jack to take a tire off when needed.

Comment

thats what I ran on my YJ muddog
        Like the skyjackers but if you are doing a first time lift the 4WD kit looks very complete and has great reviews check it out.

Oh and for the little rub you get a 1"BB would make it all but go away.
        2 cents

Comment

Working...
        X