X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Bars

I finally took my front and rear track bars off. It seems to ride better plus I noticed very little difference in handling. Now I am debating if I should take the front sway bar off or not. I am also trying to decide to put either a loc-rite or a good posi unit in the rear Dana 35. I can't afford a Dana 44 or a Explorer rear end and was wondering if a good posi unit like a Detroit would be easier on the axles.

Take the swaybar off and go for a test-drive...it's the only way to know how it will handle.

Comment

detroit and a lockright are the same just one replaces the carrier and cost more

Comment

I think he meant the Detroit Trutrac* limited slip...maybe.

Comment

The Detroit True Trac posi unit is what I was thinking about. It is all gears with no clutches. Since the terrain I encounter is not rocky I think a Dana 35 will holdup better with a posi unit over a locker.

Comment

You can find Exploder 8.8s with rear discs and a Trac-Lock for $250. The same price as a Lock-Right. Then either 3.55/3.73 or 4.10 gears are stock in the 8.8. And all 3 of those gear ratios are easily found in stock Jeep D30s which means there inexpensive because people regear.

This is of course if you can set up gears and weld.

Comment

Working...
            X