Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Replace my Body Mount bushings!!!

I really love my Jeep...Last weekend, I tried to replace all of my body mounts (bushings). I removed all 11 body mount bolts, took off all of the lower bushings (really rusted of course) and tried to lift the body off the frame (with a 1-ton hydraulic) on one side as the instructions on my bound mount kit suggested, but the body was lifting the frame with it! So I stopped.

Am I missing something!? Right now, I settled on adding the new lower bushings, but really want to finish the job and replace the newer upper bushing as well. What else do I need to do to get the body to freely move off of the frame? I must be missing something...any input would be appreciated! Just want to love her some more and replace all her rusted parts! Thanks.

First off I have never tryed changing the original mounts.
    I would think that with the lower mounts being as rusted as you say they would have had to come off hard.Now put steel on both sides of the mount and it will be twice as bad not to mention all the weight on them for years. So when you jack it up the rust is still holding it all together. I would try jacking up like befor then jack or pry between the frame and the body(close to a mount) to seperate the two.Just watch to see what is giving!Spray them with some derusto sh@# for a day or two first.If it still is comming hard I would BEAT THE HE@# OUT OF IT. :g Let us know how it all works out....Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X