X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembling ball joints!

I´m just about to assemble the new ball joints I've bought to my wrangler 1992. The thing is that I think there must be a certain distance between them so one of the ball joints don't get all the load from the tire. Am I wrong? So what I would like to know is what the distance should be between the upper and lower ball joint (see picture)

I thought they self aligned when you had them seated all the way. I know for sure you can't change the position of the top ones.

Measure where they are before you take the old ones off and put the new ones in to the same specs. (measure to the fixed part on the inner C, not the part that bolts to the outer)

Comment

They self align. Just press them in as far as they will go. If you ever plan on doing them again use plenty of anti seize before installing.

Comment

Originally posted by oros35
        I thought they self aligned when you had them seated all the way. I know for sure you can't change the position of the top ones.

Measure where they are before you take the old ones off and put the new ones in to the same specs. (measure to the fixed part on the inner C, not the part that bolts to the outer)
        You can on the older YJ D30s using a spanner wrench. But they all take the same balljoint.

Comment

if you have access to a torch heat the old ones helps alot and they are right anti-seize the cahonnes out of it once reassembled.

Comment

Working...
          X