• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting TJ shafts in a YJ d30

my first major mod idea

I read the following write-up:
    http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/yjd3...jconvert-1.htm

and if i do this i would like to put in manuel hubs while im at it, i searched ebay for warns conversion kit and i came across this:
    eBay Motors: Warn 3800....
    I am hoping that this person is crazy.

If that's a new kit then the price is right. You might be able to get it a little cheaper, who knows. PM Beavis for info. He did this a little while ago.

Comment

The best thing to do in my opinion is to use the TJ axles (largers U joints) and order the kit for the TJ. Randy's Ring and Pinion sells a kit that includes a block off plate and a custom seal. The hub conversion is real nice and installation is pretty straight forward. Once side benefit is that your wheel bearings are serviceable after the conversion. The hardest part of the conversion is removing the old pieces and resisting the temptation to upgrade and/or clean and paint everything. (my downfall) I ended up rebuilding the entire front end (including the steering gear). And I would do it again even though everything ended up covered in mud 2 days after I finished.

Comment

the seal is part number cr11800 you can get it at napa adavance auto zone where ever, make your own blockoff plate. this is a real easy conversion.

Comment

Working...
        X