X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddest of Odd

I've had my '91 4.0 for some time now. I've swapped out for a newer '95 4.0 no problem. Changed out the rear D35 for a Ford 8.8 no problem. Here in lies the oddest of odd. My tranny went out...throwing the gear shift lever left and right violently in 1st and 2nd gear. So, onto a newer AX-15 swap...no problem right...WRONG!! After fighting with bad Seattle weather, I have come to find that someone for some god-awful reason put a BA-10 tranny in its place. BA-10's to my knowledeg where phased out in '89. Now I have a '91 Jeep setup with a '95 4.0 motor. A '94 AX-15 tranny with external concentric bearing setup and I need my internal concentric release bearing to work. I have the part number for the Pilot Bushing I'm going to need.

Here's what I am left with....The '94 AX-15 has a retaining plate on the input shaft with a neck that goes to the begining of the splines. My thought is to remove that plate and cut the neck off at the exact spot where the BA-10 and AX-15 shaft starts. The input side of both these tranny's shafts look very similar, other than the entire size of each tranny.

I really need some help from you all who have done swaps. As far as the T-case goes, I have another T-case off a '95 4.0. Same person I got the '95 4.0 from threw it in for free.

I dont really want to spend a bunch of money converting my '91 clutch setup to match the '94 tranny since I would have to buy all new stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X