X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light or no light

I have a 93 YJ. At night I can't see my heater controls. Is there a light in behind the dash in the 93 that may be burnt out or is there not one in there. I tryed to look but it is real hard to lay in there on my back in the cold to see, and I don't feel one with my fingers. Thanks.

light

should be a 194 bulb behind there,mine 95 has one. easy to replace just like replace the radio remove all screws and the four that hold the controls on, the bulb just twist in to the control head

Comment

Yes there is a light in the dash for the heater control if my memory serves me right.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll go tear into it this week. I know it makes it tough sometimes trashing around at night looking for my heater controls. I was also wandering why mine has a Vent feature and no vented air coming out nowhere. I only use Defrost and Floor heat. I turn it on Vent and the fan still runs but no air coming out anywhere. I thought it might be something for A/C, which mine did not come with.

Comment

vent

On my 1990, the vent air only comes out at the far right just in front of the passenger door.

Comment

Originally posted by terry jr.
            I have a 93 YJ. At night I can't see my heater controls. Is there a light in behind the dash in the 93 that may be burnt out or is there not one in there. I tryed to look but it is real hard to lay in there on my back in the cold to see, and I don't feel one with my fingers. Thanks.

I have the same issue. I just added a small map light which gives me enough light to see the heater controls until I was able to memorize their positions.

Comment

light

when you switch to vent blower should shut off and vent on passengersside and the one above the driver feet should open,i'd check the cables,i had a water leak at outside vent so i,ve had the dash and heater box out just the steering wheel and some wires where left so i fix all of that stuff when it was apart,

Comment

Originally posted by yjnick95
                should be a 194 bulb behind there,mine 95 has one. easy to replace just like replace the radio remove all screws and the four that hold the controls on, the bulb just twist in to the control head
                if you're lucky the bulb behind there hasn't melted the socket yet like happens in most YJ's. Where the bulb is placed its too close to the face of the panel and begins to melt the panel...Then they usually just melt the whole socket

Comment

Working...
                X