X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper D-rings

I am having a rear bumper/tire carrier (that with also hold jerry cans) made for about $400. My question is for another $50 bucks I can have D-ring mounts (welded through) put on. I already have the D-ring hitch, is it neccasary to have the d-ring mounts?
    Thanks in advance.

With attachment points the more the better. You might be in a situation where you can't get at the one you have.

Comment

get em put on.....the hitch may be unaccesible or you may leave it at home one day.

Comment

Take a look at my bumpers in the

for sale forums. The Clevis mounts should be welded thru. They are stronger. and most definetly recommended.
        http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...SQ/a528_12.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...-RSQ/ef_12.jpg
        Good luck

Comment

Yes.. the mounts are a good idea.. if you never ever even use them.. there still a good idea.. then again.. if you get stuck as a duck.. it might be handy to be able to hook up multiple rescue vehicles if your say.. suctioned down to the mud or somethin like that.

As far as the Hitch Idea goes, and a D ring for there... SAVE YOUR FRIGGIN MONEY!!! Go to Tractor supply (or even lowes) and get a hitch pin with the big grab handle. (they cost about 5 dollars) first off the're alot easier to use if you have a hitch basket etc etc.. Also just use your hitch as the recovery point... insert the loop end of your strap, slide the hitch pin through teh loop, and your done,... throw your tow strap in the back of the jeep and leave it hooked up for the day. its ota the way, and you'll never have to "swim" for it in mud or muck if you need to hook up.

Comment

I took everybody's advise and went with the D-ring mounts. I was leaning towards the "better to be safe than sorry" attitude anyways and needed a little persuading. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
            X