X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Question.

I have a couple of 6x9s that i want to power using a amp but i want to keep the amp out of the elements. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I would either put it in the center console, or i would mount it under the back seat. I have seen a stereo wired both ways, but under the backs seat would eb the best bet.

Comment

I'd go under the back seat just because in the console might not have enough ventalation.

Comment

wherever you put it make sure you get enough cool air to it. I've seen way too many amps fry themselves because they got too hot and didn't have any air around them.

Comment

Are you guys really sure that anything under the back seat gets enough ventilation? Airflow is minimal back there.

Comment

i've had an alpine 4way under my back seat for about two years now, although it gets very hot to the touch i've had no problems so far, and thats with it running full blast for hours on end.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy
              Are you guys really sure that anything under the back seat gets enough ventilation? Airflow is minimal back there.
              I run two subs off of an amp under the back seat. It gets hot (sometimes too hot to touch) but I have never fried it. If you're really worried about ventilation, you could hook up a fan like what is inside a PC to move the air and cool it off or raise the back seat an inch or 2 just to get more air flow. I've thought about doing these, but I never got to it. But if you keep the amp toward the front where the seat is highest you should be fine.

Comment

try under driver seat

i've had my pioneer mounted under the driver seat for 2 years. it isnt mounted on the floor (the water would have killed it) its actualy mounted upside down on the seat - it gets cool air and, stays dry, and is great if i pull the back seat (where it use to sit).

Comment

Just buy a marine amp.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-T...oductDetail.do

They aren't water proof, but the definitely handle the elements pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                  X