X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter boots are in the way!

I have a 1" body lift and a 1" t-case drop. So about 2" total. Now my shifter boots are making it difficult to stay in 2nd gear and also 4-low. It keeps wanting to pop out of gear. I need a different kind of shifter boot, or to modify the OEM one. What have you guys done??

Originally posted by Clifford
    I have a 1" body lift and a 1" t-case drop. So about 2" total. Now my shifter boots are making it difficult to stay in 2nd gear and also 4-low. It keeps wanting to pop out of gear. I need a different kind of shifter boot, or to modify the OEM one. What have you guys done??
    Unscrew the boot and move it back just far enough that it still covers the opening but allows the shifter to move properly. Drill pilot holes and screw it back down in the new position.

Comment

There is an idea.

Comment

When I did mine I didn't put the inner boot back on and just ran a bead of silicone around the hole in the tub before I put the outer boot back on so water would not get in.

Comment

OH, so there is actually an inner boot and outer boot?? That's interesting. I might remove the inner boot on mine too then.

Comment

get rid of the inner boot... some say it will get colder in the cab but i never noticed.

Comment

Working...
            X