X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" new spring lift

any thoughts on the 2" lifts that replace your existing springs? what about having to drop you t-case or any other mods needed not in the kit? i have a 95 yj with 1" body lift 1" lift shackles. looking to run maybe 32's. Or how about those add-a-leaf kits? any thoughts of those. it is a summer vehicle that runs anywhere in new england, so more logging roads than big rock ledges. thanx in advance.
    Last edited by captainauti; 03-19-2007, 08:09 AM.

I love my 2.5" Old Man Emu springs. They cleared 32s easily and ride good. I got them for $69 each for the front and $89 each for the rear at an online vendor.

Comment

i did a 2 inch tuff country lift and i love it. i run 31-10.50's and have lots of room. you dont need a huge lift to be able to wheel most ppl on here either have 3 or 4.5 inch lift and some run stock springs and SOA. your posiblities are endless.

Comment

ive done the big lift before, but looking for mild on this one. when u put in the Old Man Emu springs, was it a direct bolt in or were there other mods to be done to make the springs work properly. lowering the t-case, or any thing else. this is also an automatic buggy (blah) thanx again

Comment

On the add a leaf kits if your springs are old they are already sagging plus they will make the ride even stiffer then it is now. I have heard nothing but positive comments about OME lift kits. That would be my choice if I was going that size lift. As far as lowering the t-case you just might have to. Try it without it you can always add it if needed.

Comment

2" spring lift

I run 2" or 2.5" bds springs that have military wrap, with transfer case lowered, 31" mtrs, noslip in rear, open in front, stock 4.10's. Once I went to the bigger tb and put a k@n conical air filter on her, the 4.10 gearing is livable. I've had extented front shackels......don't like em. My yj is fun to drive on or off with no major bump steer. No body lift tho.

get a 2" suspension kit.

dave

Comment

Working...
            X