Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW to the Jeep World

Well I'm new and have one question which will prolly answer alot of smaller
    ones. So here it goes. Im new, And am wanting to know how to make my jeep bigger, badder and better. So where should I start. Oh so yall know I drive a 1995 YJ wrangler Sahara.

drive it stock for a bit till you know what you want exactly. I had mine for two years before i decided on a small 2 inch lift. alot of people wheel stock Jeeps you will be suprised what it can do stock. and WELCOME!!!!!! post up some pics!

Comment

I agree, drive it and see what you want to do later. It is your Jeep and you can do what you want with it. I lifted my Jeep because i broke a leaf spring and needed replacements. So i figured why put the stock crap back on. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by MSM_YJ95
        Well I'm new and have one question which will prolly answer alot of smaller
        ones. So here it goes. Im new, And am wanting to know how to make my jeep bigger, badder and better. So where should I start. Oh so yall know I drive a 1995 YJ wrangler Sahara.
        My personal suggestion is spend money on stuff that you won't simply replace later. Plan ahead and work methodically towards that goal. Some things need to be bought and installed as a group eg: lift sye and tires.

Comment

Jeep upgrades

I agree, drive it for a bit than go from there!! Factors like whether it is a daily driver or strictly offroad come in to play. Mine is a 94YJ and has about 3"total
          lift running 32x11.5X15 and I can wheel just about anywhere my son does with his highly modified 78 Bronco. Of course it does have it's limitations and it is my daily driver. When I replace the tires I will probably go with 33's but I like the amount of lift I have now. It is also a hunting rig that we flat tow!
          Keep in mind how much offroad time you will put in vs on the tar! My buddy wheels a stock TJ and it does great. Skill is a big part as well. We have been wheeling since the early 70's and have learned our lessons well!
          Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of jeeps!!

Comment

Well I have had my jeep for about a year and half now so I think Ive gotten a pretty good feel for it. Thanks for the Replies. Some buddies of mine have talked to some guys to help get me started. Once again thanks for help I think Im just gonna start basic with New Suspension and Lift i just haven't thought on how big and all the Logistics (i.e. Money)

Comment

try to hook up Wheeling in an area where you will be around lots of other Yj's of your year. Talk to these guys to find out how they put their rigs together. When you get down to it it is ALL personal preference ! Enjoy

Comment

Working...
              X