X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teraflex products

So i have questions about the teraflex extreme short shaft SYE and the teraflex low range kit. So for SYE it says "Note: Earlier 231 applications with mechanical speedometer cable require updating to an electronic speedometer" so i have a 98 do i need to upgrade to an electronic speedometer or am i already good?

For the low range kit how does that work? i'm still not sure. So am i always i that 4:1 range or is it only when i want to be? idk some one could just explain to me how it works...

a 98 has an electronic speedo so with that you are ok. the lowrange kit you ask about is it the 4:1 kit or the 2lo shift fork that they offer.

Comment

It is the 4:1 one kit. I didn't know they offered a 2lo kit. I really want the Advanced Adapters kit with the Atlas twin stick shifter.

Comment

Jeff

Here's some Photo's of my Teraflex ESS installation. Your tire size / gear ratio will be limited to get a correct speedometer reading without using an electronic speed sensor. I used a Super Lift Truespeed which has a two position switch so you can program for different tire sizes. I have one programmed for 35's and one for 37's. It works great and the shorter sye lengthens your drive shaft by an additional 2" which is crucial if you want to add a belly up and reduce all chances of driveline vibration with a tall lift.

http://users.adelphia.net/~jrtdogbone/sye.htm

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X