X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire balancing

I seen a jeep for sale in the for sale page that has the tires balanced with plastic BB's. Where do you get these at and how do you determin how much to put in each wheel? How do they ride? I have heard about putting antifreeze in tires to balance them but never plastic BB's.

Check this out.

http://www.parksoffroad.com/johnsjee...entramatic.htm

Be sure to watch the video on how it works. BB's or golf balls (would not recommend golf balls) work along the same principle.

Comment

Basically they work there way into any low spots in the tires while you are underway. Tractor trailers use this method, though they most often use sand. I had a blazer with 44's on it, no one could get them to balance even close, my buddy at a local shop told me to try to put a cup of sand into each tire so i broke the beads, dumped in a cup and the difference was amazing. the bbs work the same, the problem with the sand is that after it absorbs moisture it will clump, the plastic will not.

Comment

Wal-Mart

They are for toy BB guns, or slingshots. Airsoft is one brand.

Comment

i have that in my tires, workes great, you need to make sure that when you do use them that the tires are evenly worn to begin with or it wont really help much. i use 10 oz of high quality, high density, airsoft bb's..i measured it out on my dads postal scale. you may need less or more depending on tire size, i have 38.5x14.5 bogger tsl/sx's.
          clay

Comment

Originally posted by TheJeepMan4804
            i use 10 oz of high quality, high density, airsoft bb's..i measured it out on my dads postal scale. you may need less or more depending on tire size, i have 38.5x14.5 bogger tsl/sx's.
            clay
            How did you figure out how much to use? I have 35x12.5 bfg mt's.
            Thanks.

Comment

i am goin to say around 8 oz, but you can use up to 10, the extra beads just equal themselves out around the tire. you can google bead balancing and i believe one of them has a table on their website.
              clay

Comment

Working...
              X