X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail "caps"

I posted awhile back, and never got a response, and was wandering if anyone has seen anything to cover the top of my body, where the top is mounted to the body. I had a sunrider top, and am not gonna put it back on, and was wandering if anyone has seen like stainless pices, or if I should just weld the holes shut, and paint it...Any response is greatly appreciated...-Joshua

So you are deleting your top totally?

I've seen rhino-lining (or whatever lining) done and it looks good. Not seen a pickup style bed rail cap for a Jeep.

Personally, I'd just clean it up, paint it or line/coat it and leave the mounting holes in case of ever wanting a top on it again.

Comment

I havn't seen any caps on them, however I would just weld them all up grind smooth and repaint if it is for sure never getting a top again. Not that it would be hard to redrill holes but just a pita.

Comment

I have seen a clear plastic coating you can put on a TJ's rails, but not for a YJ. Check our host, they carry the ones for the TJ. Maybe you can email the manufacturer about it.

Comment

Sure, i have seen the bed cap / rails for sale in magazines before --- i think it may have been in a Quadratac mag if i rememebr right.... not sure about YJ, but I know they makem for TJ cause i was gonna buy some for mine but i havent tucked away the xtra cash in my rat-hole fund yet(Bossier City recently took me for about $750 ). The ones i looked at were Black and I dont think they were more then about $125 bucks. Look under "body armor" I think if your doing internet searches or thumbing through magazines.
          Good Luck !!

Comment

Working...
          X