X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabriel Shock ??

What do you use to inflate your air shocks?
    Is it possible to over inflate the shock?
    How can you tell if you have any air in the shocks?
    We just put gabriel adjustable air shocks on are 98 Sport.

Thanks

There should be a typical valve, just like your tires (shreader valve). With this you can inflate and deflate your shocks. Yes, you can put too much air in. Then it either rides like a rock (no travel in the shock) or blows and you have no shock. I couldn't guess at what pressure you want, but there should have been some info on what range the shock can handle. Then just fine-tune it to the ride you like.

My old Roadrunner had air tubes that met at a singler valve in the trunk. Easy to air up and use a tire pressure guage to check the pressure.

It probably would not be too difficult to rig a setup like that. Or even a remote system with a small compressor to tune as you go, like the Rancho RS9000 series.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I am asking because I have a little el-cheap-O air compressor from Wal-Mart that I keep in my Truck and I figured that this would work to
      get the minimum amount of air in them. The minimum is 25 and the max is 200. As soon as I put the compressor on the valve the pressure
      gauge jumps up to 150 and keeps on going up (Fast) So I pulled it off. The problem is when I check the pressure it tells me I don