Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the LockRight is in, and it drove around under it's own power. I also replaced the rear parking brake shoes & heated & bent the 4wd shifter so I can get it into 2wd.

I still need to fab some lower radiator brackets clearance a few things, and hook up all of the lights. I don't have a single working light on it right now.

I'm trying to think what else is left. Not a whole lot!

Comment

You have access to a lift, you suck, I am jelouse.
      Jeep is looking great, I was thinking of doing that as mine needs new fenders anyway, but then my plate wouldn't work.

Comment

that looks sweet!

Comment

Great pics! You blend in good with the background

Comment

Had the Jeep out a little while today. There's a rock that's been taunting me, though I did make it once before.

http://webwheeling.com/gallery/d/242...icture+376.jpg

This time wasn't as successful, and I came close to rolling back over the passenger side rear. If I tried to go backward, it'd stand up, and if I tried to go forward, it'd stand up. I got it stabilized enough to get out.

http://webwheeling.com/gallery/d/242...icture+401.jpg

Had to drag cable to get of that rock. Oh, and I had this turtle watching the whole time hoping I'd flip over & he could eat me!

http://webwheeling.com/gallery/d/242...icture+375.jpg

BTW, that turtle's shell was about 16" long, and his head was at least as big as my fist!!!

http://webwheeling.com/gallery/d/242...icture+404.jpg

Comment

I like the decals. I wish I had the lift too. That would make wrenching so much easier.

Comment

An update, but no pics yet.

I've spent the past 2 days:

- Put in a CJ radiator (this wasn't exactly easy!).
                - Installed external trans cooler.
                - found & mounted a new fan (stock fan was destroyed by a branch). I found a suitable fan on a junked street sweeper. It's small, but moves alot of air...and it's the right rotation for the 4.0. Bye bye clutch fan.
                - put the 35" baja claws on my 8" soft 8's. I wasn't crazy about running the 10" simulocks.
                - gave everything a once over & a small shakedown up a local stream.

I know this list doesn't sound like much, but not a single step went smoothly. I spent the past two days really aggravated...not to mention I had to skip out on a trip to Harlan that I'd been looking forward to since April!!!

Comment

Hey your brake problem is more than likely the booster not the actual master cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by 47driver View Post
                    Sweet, now it looks like a Jeep!
                    Hi never liked the square lights, untill I've owned one for a few years. Not everybody has a YJ, but everyone has the round headlights. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Jodisbadassjeep View Post
                      Hey your brake problem is more than likely the booster not the actual master cylinder.
                      I've replaced both the master cylinder & then the booster. The old booster was shot. My brakes are better than before, but it still won't stop when going down hill in low range. I have to put it in neutral to stop.

Comment

Oh buy the way, the jeep has come A LONG WAY. It really looks nice. I love the green to. I can't believe that it's just a rattle can. WOW looks really nice.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments!

Comment

My YJ build (56k)

Just recently joined after owning a 4 cyl. Wrangler for more than three years.

I really like you project and how you fixed it up for rock climbing. I am not into rock climbing but you have built one great "high country sports car". I do miss the square head lights on you unit; they seem to match the fender cuts you made in the outer fenders. That is a great job on the front fenders!!

Great project and happy to see another Jeep brought to life.

Steve Hurt

Comment

Working...
                            X