X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho, Colorado,New Mexico???

Just wanted to hear from someone who has been to any of these places. I want to go out west this august and check out some of our beautiful country(ok told wife that) I want to do some light wheeling, mainly scenic off roading. I be to far from home to have something break. Leaving the 2 year old with inlaws.I have never been to either state. Any recommendations??

colorado kid here. I love it out here. so much different landscapes in one state. We have prarie, desert, foothills, forrest MT,s. sanddunes I love it here.
    so many levels of trails for people to take it's great.

this site has some good trails off all ratings. the ratings aren't all the same due to the rigs the people use. some guys might have 31s and rate a trail harder than it really eas vs. someone with 37s lockers that might rate it easy.

http://www.4x4trails.net/

http://www.explore-rocky.com/

Comment

We are headed to Colorado (Southwest - San Juans) in August if you want to hook up ... there will be 2-3 jeeps .... the trails are easy, we have been there a few times, but got tired of breaking stuff in Moab, so are taking a vaction this year of crusing around the moutains, maybe a little fishing, camping and telling BS stories on the CB!!!

Let me know if your interested ... we don't have a date set, but we typically head out the first or second week in august .....

Comment

I'm from Colorado meself, its a beautiful place. Best jeeping is definately in the San Juans, between Ouray and Silverton. Speaking of which, I'm going to be working at the Bachelor/Syracuse Mine Tour this summer (just north of Ouray), so if anyone is down there, stop by and holla. I'm working maintenance staff, so I don't give the tours, but let me know you are coming in advance and I _might_ be able to get you a special tour.

Here are some pics from my Ouray trip last summer (my jeep isn't there cause I didn't have it yet):
        Ouray 2004

Comment

What about frickin UT???? As good or better than any of those other places

Comment

Utah just means a few more hours in the tow rig ....

And we are coming for sure, what does the tour consist of????
            Last edited by Bret; 03-08-2005, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Hey can I jump in also. If I have my Jeep done by then I might be interested in joining you and checking out my property there in San Juan. It is three miles north of the New Mexico boarder.

Comment

Lost- one ... That would probably be a few hours drive south of where we would be wheeling, but that sounds cool to me, we are always trying to get folks together .... were are you coming from?

Comment

Michigan, but I don't mind driving around. Want to see the area thinking of moving.

Comment

Sounds cool to me ... I live a few miles off of I-70, so if you get your jeep together and head this way, we can meet up in kansas and CONVOY out!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X