X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herculiner spray gun question

I am going to Hurculine my tub this spring when the weather gets warmer. I have read all the threads and done a lot of research on this. My question is what kind of spray gun can I use. Is it just a regular paint spray gun?? I want to get a cheap one from harbofreight do you guys know if this one will work?

Let me know your thoughts and experiences, also if anyone has any pics of how yours turned out that would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone

This is a gun I saw at harborfreight.com

HVLP Industrial Paint Spray Gun

Specially designed for auto body and industrial jobs. External mix gun gives professional results and a mirror-like finish.

Fine spray adjustment
    One quart siphon cup
    All metal construction with powder coat finish
    Reinforced base with cam-lock closure

Required pressure: 20-55 PSI; Air consumption: 6 CFM (stated), 1.5 CFM @ 30 PSI suggested; Nozzle size: 1.7 mm; 1 quart paint capacity; Air inlet: 1/4''; Hose size: 3/8"
    Weight: 2.15 lbs.

Central Pneumatic# P2QU

ITEM 43760-6VGA

$16.99 Email link to a friend

There was a link somewhere a while back where someone wrote up the process for spraying on Herculiner. I can't find it now. If I remember correctly, they used an undercoating gun. I have the HVLP gun you mention and I don't think it will spray that thick of material. I could be wrong though.

Comment

any undercoating gun will work.

Comment

Working...
      X