X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear shackle bolts

just finished putting on my shackle lift. i keep hearing about having to cut the rear bolts off (the rear top bolts).... what i did was much easier than that once i figured it out. so i hope this helps for those who run into this problem

i took off the top nut .

then i used a small deep well socket and hammered back the metal sleeve (that will give me room to remove the bushing).

then...you guessed right, i removed the rubber bushing.

once the bushing is out, i pulled out the metal sleeve with a pair of needle nose pliers.

now, with bushing and sleeve out of the way, i have a lot of space to move the bolt around. so what i did next was grab the bolt head and just wiggled it out. its gonna be a tight squeez but it really isnt that bad.

if you want to cut the bolt thats cool too, but i found it very difficult to get a good angle to cut.

Bolts no problem

I had absolutly no problem removing the top bolts BUT I do have a 2" body lift so that probably mad the difference.

Dave

Comment

nice. i dont have a BL on mine but your extra 2 inches seems plenty to help get past that gas tank problem that everone seems to have

Comment

Working...
      X